gotta be an easier way

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betts

Reaction score
i have an 85 Vmax i picked up a couple weeks ago for a project. the bike is mostly complete, however the stuff the guy took off has no hardware to put it back on.
is there an easy way to source all the nuts and bolts i need??? i live out in the sticks and only have dial up :bang head: ( yes it still exists) so it takes for ever to look up stuff that way.
i just need the sizes and then i'll hit the local supplier for the stuff, as i know he has it in stock.

the bike is missing stuff all over! also need a used set of headers if anyone has a set..

cheers
betts

Let us know which bolts and where they go on the bike and than we can tell you what size, etc...

I have a stock complete exhaust off an 06 with 1800kms on them - where do you live?

Mike

Check out Mike Sayers (VMOA officer) as he has a bunch of SS fasteners for the Vmax. Mike Sayers website I have bought from Mike and it went smoothly.
Here is also a couple more vendors for ya too:(I do not have any experiance with these vendors)
1) http://www.mmsacc-stainless.com/html/motorcycle.htm (Also has some ultra cool (not) computer generated music to listen to while you browse...turn down your speakers! LOL)
2)http://www.desmoparts.com/yamaha/vmax/vmax.htm
3) Tasty Nuts - It's a speciality fasterner company...don't worry! LOL!

hey nice to see some ppl in ontario! don't run into too many on the fz forum.
i'm in owen sound. about 2 hours north of toronto. and about 2 1/2 from woodstock.

short list of nuts/bolts/screws missing is:
ones for
gas tank covers
seat
key switch
carb covers
rad covers- need new covers as well
rad
some for headlight
all for the exhaust

also the ones that hold on the tray around the thermostat and the tray that holds the vboost controler and a couple relays

and thats just a quick glance

betts

Last edited:
short list of nuts/bolts/screws missing is:
ones for
gas tank covers
seat
key switch
carb covers 5x.8x12mm
rad covers- need new covers as well. I thought these were 6x1.0x? someone in the buy/sell section had a set for decent price
rad

some for headlight
all for the exhaust: Muffler bolts are 10x1.25 (not 1.5 which is a standard size)x40mm long. Stock mufflers have the nut welded on so the bolt must be this size. If your not using stock you can buy 10x1.5 hardware that is easier to find. Longer bolts were necessary for me to mount my aftermarket (marks) mufflers. I bought 10x1.5x60 mm stainless. 3/8" hardware is damn close enough if not using stock muffs. There is are mount under the bike near the centerstand for stock mufflers. It is also 10x1.25. don't know the length off hand.

also the ones that hold on the tray around the thermostat and the tray that holds the vboost controler and a couple relays

and thats just a quick glance

Last edited by a moderator:
I should have everything you would need if you wanted OEM parts but I won't be as cheap as somewhere like ebay. If you don't have a good selection of bolts it may be beneficial to buy all them bolts from someone who has parted one out. I've got enough parts to build a number of Vmax's lol.

Sean
[email protected]

Yeah Man,, Sean is right on. There are tons of ebay auctions from guys parting out and you get the whole lot of screws, fasteners, and goodies for super cheap. The only drag can be the shipping as it can somethimes be heavy, hence, expensive to ship. Hopefully, someone up in your neck of the woods is parting or has parted out a Max and can help you out.

i must be slow! cuz i never seem to find nuts an bolts for the vmax on ebay. that was the first place i looked

look for vmax parts and multiple parts from the same seller. Email him and offer to buy all the bolts from the bike he is parting out. $50 is more then fair if you've never priced bolts.

Sean

Latest posts

Back