Great spot for 12v power

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those that are on a constant hot... How much amperage is the outlet using when nothing is plugged in? How much should it be using might be a better question. There is a draw and I don't want to risk getting stranded with a dead battery.
I had a draw (2-3 milliamp) with my USB connector that drew down my PC-680 to a near flat state (luckily it was recoverable) while in storage. So yes check for any draw off the battery. Although my USB would not draw down my battery over a few days even I make sure it is unplugged now when parked.

My multimeter shows .05-.06a draw. Should last a few days at least without having an issue starting. When I get back from Eureka Springs Sunday I'll wire it into a switched hot

I already have my headlight relays, 12v SAE connector for battery tender/ phone charger. I want to add a Stebel horn so I'll need to install an aux fuse box to clean up the terminals and provide a switched options for power.
These are the units I'm considering:
> Eastern Beaver pc-8
> Denali Power Hub
> Fuseblocks FZ-1

I am leaning toward the Denali since it would be a cleaner install but the price tag is steep. FZ-1 has a less tidy installation and with a wiring kit it is just a little less $$$'s that the Denali. The EB pc-8 is nice but a little less clean of a install like the FZ-1; price is better than the Denali and FZ-1.

I have been using the pc-8 for about 3 years without issues. It works pretty well. I installed it in the left scoop. I have the horns, headlight relays on it and a SAE connector for the GPS or tire inflator.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

If you do have one that draws a few milliamps even when nothing is plugged in, it should not be hard to wire in a switch to kill power to the ports.

I love this mod idea. I shall be doing this mod as well, to allow me to charge my GPS and mp3 player, or my cell phone, while I ride.

Back