GSXR Rear Wheel Install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil-3446

Reaction score
Hey Gang...

Anyone know the specific machining required on a GSXR 17x5.50 wheel to do the vmax conversion? I have access to CNC and a good operator willing to help me.

Thanks In Advance

I have mine on ebay, I think its a gsxr wheel. I can post more pics if you need to see different angles. Heres the auction. http://cgi.ebay.com/V-Max-Vmax-17-x...ryZ35601QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Andy....

I've actually been talking to you via email from ebay ;) Greg, the guy you bought your wheel from is making up more. I'd buy yours, but, the price is just a little more than I want to give for used. I don't need the tire, and will be running a 200 on the double notched swingarm from cycleoneoff.

Let me know if you put it on sale :biglaugh:

:cheers:

Im pretty sure it will sell on ebay, it has 25 people watching it. If it doesnt sell you can make me an offer. The reason I posted it is to show you some pics in case you was going to do it yourself. Let me know if you want to see more pics.

Im pretty sure it will sell on ebay, it has 25 people watching it. If it doesnt sell you can make me an offer. The reason I posted it is to show you some pics in case you was going to do it yourself. Let me know if you want to see more pics.

Thanks Andy...

Looks like you cleaned house on Ebay...good job!!! I'm trying to see if anyone is doing these on center...nobody will answer me yet.

The guy that bought it is in Australia and payed $180 shipping, well it isnt payed for yet....

Thanks Andy...

Looks like you cleaned house on Ebay...good job!!! I'm trying to see if anyone is doing these on center...nobody will answer me yet.

By on center, do you mean so the tire isn't offset to one side? Mine is centered and was made by a guy in Quebec. I can see if I can trace him down again. If I remember right, he only spoke French and very little English.

By on center, do you mean so the tire isn't offset to one side? Mine is centered and was made by a guy in Quebec. I can see if I can trace him down again. If I remember right, he only spoke French and very little English.

Please see if you can track him down, I would love to get one in Canada.

Buster,

That is exactly what I'm talking about. What size tire do you run, and do you have a notched swingarm?

If you can find the contact information for your friend up North, that would be great!

If anyone needs a donor rim let me know. I have a rim off an 85 that I bought back then and had the bead machined by Brooklyn Cycle to fit a 15 inch car tire (Put on a slick to play at the strip). There wasn't any options back then for the Max. The rim isn't much good for any thing else. It even has the rotor and final drive spline. Hmm I should put it back on my bike and smoke the rubber off it.

If anyone needs a donor rim let me know. I have a rim off an 85 that I bought back then and had the bead machined by Brooklyn Cycle to fit a 15 inch car tire (Put on a slick to play at the strip). There wasn't any options back then for the Max. The rim isn't much good for any thing else. It even has the rotor and final drive spline. Hmm I should put it back on my bike and smoke the rubber off it.

I could always use another drive hub for a donor!

Tom at COO is making me a wheel from a FZR on center as we speak. 5.5 x 17 ... I painted her purple...what was I thinking???

Attachments

• tank_final_03.jpg
    tank_final_03.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 17
Back