Guess whos getting an 09 gen2?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a fucking Hardley Dealer... what do you expect....

I absolutly agree with the (what do you expect) thing, and no bash intended at all shorthair, I would be super pissed also.
Unfortunatly a person can almost expect something like this to happen nowa-days.
I bought my 09 Max out in California last year with 2,200 miles on it at a price of $11,300 and I'm very happy with the way things went.
I thought about buying it sight un-seen for about a (1/2 a second), but that can come back to biting you in the ass, as you unfortunatly found out.
I simply flew out and due to bad weather I just rented a small moving truck and hauled it back myself, The cost and time was worth it, because I was able to go over the bike myself with a fine toothed comb, and not take a strangers word on condition of the bike.

This is sort of an interesting thread, and I wish you would give a discription of what side the pipe damage and the scratchs are on and post some pic's so we have an example of what your looking at.

Is all damage on the right side ?

Is it so not visible that the dealer may have ligitimatly over looked it ?
Post pic's if you can shorthair, perferribly the ones you sent the dealer.
Thing will pan out for you, try to look at the bright side, at least it wasn't on fire when they delivered it to you.

Steveo

If you paid between 9 and 10K, that would probably be a fair price considering the damage to bike. Just pipes alone can be very pricey, and hopefully you have no mechanical issues, surging etc. Sight unseen and Harley dealer and Jap bike, can I say recipe for disaster, oops I already said it. :bang head:

That's a damn shame...There was not so much a scratch on the bike much less been in an accident, it was mint when my friend took it to the H-D dealer and I know that for a fact.

That's a damn shame...There was not so much a scratch on the bike much less been in an accident, it was mint when my friend took it to the H-D dealer and I know that for a fact.
I belive ya, I wont be out much to get it straightened out. thanx for telling me that. heres the pics I sent them. My only main concerns were the exhaust just out of the head and the brake lever, the other stuff i could of lived with.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 29
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 32
I belive ya, I wont be out much to get it straightened out. thanx for telling me that. heres the pics I sent them. My only main concerns were the exhaust just out of the head and the brake lever, the other stuff i could of lived with.

I wish I could explain these damages but I can't and if I had known something happen to it I would've told you month's ago.

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 7

Thanks for the pic's, that helps to see exactly what the damage is.

Definatly an in motion incident, My main concern would be what else did they fix on the bike, before they decided to leave the scratchs and the rest of the smaller damage.

I guess alot of people don't care about doing a full complete and 100% repair to there bikes when something happens.

Some scratchs isn't going to keep you from riding, But I guess it would bother me just to know that I'm riding a bike that has been down, I'm alittle more particular than most, I like to have a flawless bike, and nothing short of that would do, and I just wouldn't even consider buying something with any history of being down, no matter how small the incident, but those things happen when you buy sight un-seen.

The dealer isn't going to do anything about it, they already have your money in hand and don't really care about any problem that you may have with the bike.
I guess I would have too repair it to new condition, no matter how small the flaws, or what it costs to do the repairs.
You said that you can live with some of the flaws.
When you have a specality bike like a 09 Max, you would want it flawless, or at least I would.

Definatly an in motion incident, My main concern would be what else did they fix on the bike, before they decided to leave the scratchs and the rest of the smaller damage.

I guess alot of people don't care about doing a full complete and 100% repair to there bikes when something happens.

Some scratchs isn't going to keep you from riding, But I guess it would bother me just to know that I'm riding a bike that has been down, I'm alittle more particular than most, I like to have a flawless bike, and nothing short of that would do, and I just wouldn't even consider buying something with any history of being down, no matter how small the incident, but those things happen when you buy sight un-seen.

The dealer isn't going to do anything about it, they already have your money in hand and don't really care about any problem that you may have with the bike.
I guess I would have too repair it to new condition, no matter how small the flaws, or what it costs to do the repairs.
When you have a specality bike like a 09 Max, you would want it flawless, or at least I would.

( When I said I could of lived with some of the flaws ) i would have bargined for the lever and exhaust to be fixed if i was aware of them. the rest of the scratches I would deal with myself, they will not get left there.

I would be willing to bet it just fell over or something....The bike is probably just fine... thats not road rash...dont ask me how I know... :worthy:

Talk about a Debbie Downer....man that's you! Going on and on about how you would feel and making a claim that the bike was in some big accident!

Looks to me that this was a tip over and nothing more........I wouldn't worry about the bike at all unless you find more evidence of parts being replaced. Any Gen 2 I've ever seen that went down at any speed suffered WAY more damage then that.

It really sucks that dealer doesn't want make good on it......I'd be really pissed too....you should try to seek some recourse IF it will make you feel better. Otherwise just forget about it and go ride.

By the way i have a brake lever you can have just let me know your address. There are some of the front shields around as well, as many people have put Brocks 4-2-1 pipes on. I can help you find one of those as well.

Mark

Take the right and left scoops off........check to see if they look about the same age. They accumulate a lot of bugs and grime on them (intake screens) unless they are constantly & meticulously cleaned. If the right one is super clean......than it may have been replaced. if the bike went down with any force that right scoop would have been damaged.

Talk about a Debbie Downer....man that's you! Going on and on about how you would feel and making a claim that the bike was in some big accident!

Looks to me that this was a tip over and nothing more........I wouldn't worry about the bike at all unless you find more evidence of parts being replaced. Any Gen 2 I've ever seen that went down at any speed suffered WAY more damage then that.

It really sucks that dealer doesn't want make good on it......I'd be really pissed too....you should try to seek some recourse IF it will make you feel better. Otherwise just forget about it and go ride.

By the way i have a brake lever you can have just let me know your address. There are some of the front shields around as well, as many people have put Brocks 4-2-1 pipes on. I can help you find one of those as well.

Mark

First time I ever heard of a Debbie-downer.
What ever that is.
LMAO.
Whats your solution ? get on it and see how fast it'll go ? LOL
shorthair seemed to be alittle concerned about the damage, and I don't blame him, A slight misalignment in the running gear from an accident when your twisting the throttle and by the time it starts the death shake it's to late.
Investigate it farther before you winder up shorthair.
Good advice on the disassembly of the side covers to start with to look for any serious repairs.
Later.

Looks like a parking lot tip-over as it sits. There would have been much more damage in any real accident. If other items had to be replaced, the damage would have been much worse to the bar end and other parts pictured. That is minor damage considering the weight of the bike even in just a tip-over. My Gen 1 fell over in the parking lot at zero mph and had more damage. I'm guessing some dealer employee fell over on it moving it around and partially cushioned the fall. :confused2:

Take the right and left scoops off........check to see if they look about the same age. They accumulate a lot of bugs and grime on them (intake screens) unless they are constantly & meticulously cleaned. If the right one is super clean......than it may have been replaced. if the bike went down with any force that right scoop would have been damaged.

Great Idea! i will do that.

Mark

BRAVO... very kind offer, Mark. Always nice to see Maxxers helping each other out. Replace the brake lever and heat shield and forget about the rest. Enjoy your awesome new ride and make it your own.

Scott

Back