Guess whos getting an 09 gen2?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update.

Yuck... the anticipation must be eating at you. :bang head: That would suck worse than me having to look at mine sitting in the garage all damn winter. :biglaugh:

Have the dealership pull the ECU and send it off to Tim Nash while you're waiting for it to be delivered. You would probably have it in your hands before the bike gets to you. :eusa_dance: :biglaugh:

Scott

All in all it will take a few weeks to get here, shipping company i picked is way behind. All the papperwork is done and bike is paid for, nothing for me to do exceprt wait. It'll be winter here for awhile more.
Went in the garage last night and fired up the 85, runs like a dream and i never NEVER get tired of listening to those pipes, I cant WAIT to here how the 09 sounds!!

Shorthair........

Don't get your hopes up on the sound :(. That's the one thing the Gen 1 has all over the Gen 2.....that beautiful sound.

Gen 2 dosen't sound bad, but not the same.

Congrats ! I've been tempted a few times at the dealer. But the Vmax Gen1 was first on the list :)

They estimated 5 weeks when i signed contract. it took 7. I was supposed to recieve a 3 day window for delivery and then recieve a call the day befor on wich of the three days it was going to be here. I get a call out of the blue 20 min ago that its going to be here tomorrow at 11 am. they dropped the ball just a bit.

Be sure to give it a very close inspection and take pics if any problems before signing off. I have purchased 5 bikes that had to be shipped from various parts of the country. It is easy to damage them while shipping.

Be sure to give it a very close inspection and take pics if any problems before signing off. I have purchased 5 bikes that had to be shipped from various parts of the country. It is easy to damage them while shipping.

Thanx cman, i will.

Bike is here, Theres four or five very light scratches here and there plus a bent front brake lever. I dont think bike went all the way down ( not enough signs are there ) but at some point it came into contact with something. all so it spins over a few more revolutions than it should befor fireing? theres another 09 in town and his does the same thing. exhaust sounds pretty mean aything over 2k. but my 85 sounds better.
This thing is a beast, I only drove it up and down the street twice. ( cold & snow ) but rear tire spins at will! I will be contacting dealer tomorrow. I asked if there was any damage at ALL, any indications that it went down ect ect. even if he wont replace lever I still would have bought it.
P.S. where is engine # located?

Post up some pics and a video clip if you can. I would like to hear what that exhaust sounds like.

Scott

Post up some pics and a video clip if you can. I would like to hear what that exhaust sounds like.

Scott

Glad your bike finally arrived Shorthair88. +1 to Scott's request on pics & video clip. I think the Gen2 exhaust will sound better once you go Cat-less with the mid-pipe section.... or so I've heard. Hope other Gen2 owners will chime in whether this is true or not.

The slow cranking is normal, Compression release to aid in turning over the big motor. Using stock cans but removing the cat will help a lot in sound and performance, plus you will loose about 25 pounds off the bike!! I ran mine like this for several thousand miles. It sounds OK, kinda "poppy" though, but much better than stock.

If I remember correctly I think this bike has UFO cans on it already.

Scott

Bike is here, Theres four or five very light scratches here and there plus a bent front brake lever. I dont think bike went all the way down ( not enough signs are there ) but at some point it came into contact with something. all so it spins over a few more revolutions than it should befor fireing? theres another 09 in town and his does the same thing. exhaust sounds pretty mean aything over 2k. but my 85 sounds better.
This thing is a beast, I only drove it up and down the street twice. ( cold & snow ) but rear tire spins at will! I will be contacting dealer tomorrow. I asked if there was any damage at ALL, any indications that it went down ect ect. even if he wont replace lever I still would have bought it.
P.S. where is engine # located?

The damage that you have discribed dictates that it has obviously been down, but to what degree ?
Did you contact the seller today ?
I am an insurance adjuster for the last 11 years and have my own agency, we see some claims that the person changes there mind on filing simply because of increased premiums for the future and go ahead and pay out of pocket for the repairs, did you do a vin check on it ?
If so and it came back clean this is more than likely a self repair or out of pocket were they passed on the brake lever thinking its not that noticable.
And you really should have a trusted dealer with good rep, mech, check it out for safty sake.
The bike was more than likely down at one time and other damage was repaired with the brake lever passed on or thought of as not being a big deal.
I much rather see a bike with the clutch handle bent, could have went down on the kick stand, but the brake lever is a possible on the move incident.
Where are the scratchs located on the bike ?
Post some pic's of the bike for us, the good and the bad.
Location of any scratchs are a fingerprint of possible mishaps.
I have never bought a bike sight un-seen, I know it works out for the most part, but there is always the chance this could happen.
Most of the dealers just want to make there sales.
I wish you many happy and safe miles ahead, have fun !!

Steveo

I'll get a video made soon, yes vin was clean, yes i contacted dealer yesterday and sent him pic's, ( waiting on his responce ) also shipper noted damages on pick up and its documented. I asked salesman specifically if there were any indications of it being down and he said absolutely not. i'm going to raise hell with them anyway I can untill they make this right.
Ive been sick so I only have put 5miles on it since I got it two days ago. it surges a bit just idleing down the road in 2nd or 3rd, it might just be me. gas is probly months old in it. some seafoam and a fresh tank will be a good thing.
My 85 goes like a scolded dog but this this thing just LAUNCHES!!! no need to spool up the rpm's.

Congrats. Looking forward to the video. If the worst is a few scratches (hopefully not deep) and a busted brake lever, those are all fairly easy and cheap fixes.

If the scratches are on the scoops, DONT buff!!! Super thin paint on those... Don't ask how I know..;)

Beleive it or not a replacement scoop from part skark is $150!!

If the scratches are on the scoops, DONT buff!!! Super thin paint on those... Don't ask how I know..;)

Beleive it or not a replacement scoop from part skark is $150!!

I agree on the not buffing advice, A person has to check new prices and weigh out the options on repairs.

Take some up-close pic's of the damage for us shorthair.
Buying a bike that has been down isn't the end of the world, but before you twist the thottle to much, you really should have a resposible mech, look at it for safety reasons.

There was more than likely more damage than the brake lever, and they more than likely repaired it out of pocket seeing that a clean vin check came back, no big deal as long as the repairs were done right.

I'll tell you right now The dealer will never own up to anything as far as the damage.
Or at best they will send you a new brake handle,
And I sort of get the feeling thats really not your problem with things, its that the dealer wasn't honest in the first place right ?

I pled my case to dealer, spoke with general manager, sent pics of my own to them, explained how damage on bike was not disclosed by dealer. (I asked him on two different ocasions to inspect bike for any indications that it had been down). both times he said ( no signs of accident ). I told him how shipper had documented scaped pipe and bent lever upon pick up. dated-initialed-drawings and description! they still insist lever wasnt damaged when they sent it. I have all of the papper work, they dont even want to look at it, i told them i would send it to them. any questions I ask they iether give no answer at all ( just silence ) or just state over and over again that I bought a used jap bike and they plan on doing nothing about it at all. there was tons more said but I;m done ranting.
I admit i got it for a good price and damage is cosmetic. ( except for nasty bend in lever. ) but the blatant lieing is infuriating!

I agree on the not buffing advice, A person has to check new prices and weigh out the options on repairs.

Take some up-close pic's of the damage for us shorthair.
Buying a bike that has been down isn't the end of the world, but before you twist the thottle to much, you really should have a resposible mech, look at it for safety reasons.

There was more than likely more damage than the brake lever, and they more than likely repaired it out of pocket seeing that a clean vin check came back, no big deal as long as the repairs were done right.

I'll tell you right now The dealer will never own up to anything as far as the damage.
Or at best they will send you a new brake handle,
And I sort of get the feeling thats really not your problem with things, its that the dealer wasn't honest in the first place right ?

Back