Had my fill of new york

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The humidity will kick your ass. I've been in Florida all my life & I still can't get use to it

In the strong Economy areas of Texas the humidity is also a M%%$#%$F'K'R

Nothing like getting out of the shower and being sweaty before you can even get dressed.

Weather is great out West and Central tho' job market is not as good.

The taxes ARE ridiculous. I'm paying 16K a year property tax on a home on 2/3 rds of an acre in the suburbs.

I'm not sure how it compares to other States, but Texas, not having an income tax, I think has higher than normal Sales and Property Taxes

Sales tax is 6.25 % state plus up to 2% local, generally around 7.5%-8.00% total, 8.25% max.

Property tax on real estate varies but in general about 2.25-2.5% of appraised value/Yr

Insurance on the Gulf Coast is also about 2.5% of appraised value/Yr

Insurance and Tax Escrow are HALF my total monthly house payment.:bang head:

I am looking more at the supervisor and project managers jobs....:

Look at Dashiell Corp. In Houston. We have a lot of Project Managers & Construction Managers.....I don't know if they are hiring right now...We do projects in Texas and all over the country, mostly Western States...Utility Substation and Power Industry, I'm not sure what your area of expertise is?

They cover ALL travel and lving expense..

And a big plus is that they reimburse for any state income tax "out of pocket" net cost (After return is filed they reimburse for any thing you didn't get back from the state you were working in)

This is what makes this forum great members who are always trying to help out:clapping:. Doing some research now on jobs and places to call home. If I wore a hat I would take it of in honor of the members here:punk:

I visited NYC one time and will never go back. Texas is great for the economy, if you can get used to the 100 degree days in the summer. The last couple were BAD, 43 in a row and 60+ total over 100 degrees last summer, or summer before.

Why do you suppose so many retire and die their last days in FL?
My life changed somewhat unplanned transplanting me from Ohio to S Florida about 25 years ahead of schedule. Shorelines are more moderate temp wise. Inland can get downright stifling. Oceans moderate the temps somewhat. Trust me, there are plenty of good money jobs he rebut whether you land one or not is a toss up. Guess you could ask Coprunner his experience. Heat is relative I suppose. Everywhere you drive, shop, or hangout is A/C'd but I would not care to be laying asphalt for a living. There is a rainy season which is summer. But how do you put a price on 3/4 this of the year perfection?! Christmas waterside in shorts with a cold one. Yeah man, c'mon down. I need someone else to fly by on my Max!

Back