Harlan Shift light Help.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoke

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I cant get my shift like to go off when it is supposed to for nothing. I had it hooked up to the tach and then went to the coil and it wont go off when programmed, if I programmed it right. Please help where did you hook it up and how to program it. I do have power, as when i turn the key on the light flashes and then nothing.

Thanks Roy

and they don't like being wet. i'm still working on getting a cap to work.

Yeah Roy, mine's set to 2 cyl mode and I have it fused and soldered to the tach.

Chris

+1 to both Garrett's and Chris' comments. I have mine conneceted directly to the back of the tach and in 2 cyl mode. The initail flash just shows you that it is connected to switched power. I don't have mine fused but that is probably a good idea, may have to correct that this winter with the rest of my electical project. I haven't had a issue with the waterproofness yet, but I can see it possibly happening. I have ridden in the rain several times and have inadvertantly sprayed it while washing but with no ill effects to this point.
The programming is easy, just follow his instructions to set the rpm limit and # of cylinders. Here are the instructions from the Harlan site.

EVERYTHING electrical that you add to your bike should be fused. Especially something that gets wet if left in the rain.

Chris

EVERYTHING electrical that you add to your bike should be fused. Especially something that gets wet if left in the rain.

Chris

the shift light is fused, b/c the insturment cluster is fused..., right? i tried to get a continuity reading between some wires on the light and blew the instrument cluster fuse.

the shift light is fused, b/c the insturment cluster is fused..., right? i tried to get a continuity reading between some wires on the light and blew the instrument cluster fuse.

Correct, it's protected by the signal fuse. Only time you need to add a fuse is if you run a new component directly to battery.

Problem fixed thanks to everyone. Maleko is correct on the fuse issue your main harness is already fused no need to add the unnecessary fuse links, but to each his/her own. Thanks again everyone. Roy

Back