Harley Rhetoric

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ride with Harley guys most of the time. They give me plenty of room. :rofl_200:

Attachments

• DSC00949.jpg
    DSC00949.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 45
Im a licensed motorcycle inspector in New York and the Harley owners range widely in attitude. I ask everybody to opperate all there lights and horn them selves so i can see them, And i wouldn't want some kid like me touching my bike either:biglaugh: Some act like like im asking the world to have them run there blinkers. Others, surprisingly the ones that look like Hells Angles, are some of the nicest, most polite people! A few even tip me more then an inspection cost! There are good ones out there, ive met a few! lol
And i have to mention, for a while HDs didn't have a kickstand safety switch, I asked a customer to sound his horn but he hit the starter button. It was still in gear and launched it self forward and fell over! Because of that i never stand directly infront of HDs any more:rofl_200:

for a while HDs didn't have a kickstand safety switchfor a while HDs didn't have a kickstand safety switch

Some of Victorys are this way as well...

My brother-in-law went to look at a Victory for sale and when the guy hit the starter the bike lurched forward... but they caught it before it hit the ground.....WTF? Must be a V-Twin thing?? ;-)

I've had HDs race me when I've been in a car. They'd get beat and angry so they'd try again. If I tried that with most of the sport bikes out there (600+cc) I'd be the one with my tail between the legs. I've been hoping a HD would want to take on the Vmax or ZX12R, but they stay away. :)

I appreciate HDs and most of the guys are cool. Every now and then you'd get someone that acts like the bike makes them cool and bad.

My biggest thing against HDs has always been the cost. I just couldn't see spending that much money on them...especially when they're slow. So many other bikes out there to choose from.

I meet a lot of nice HD guys & ride with quite a few. I will admit there a few that think there gods gift to the world because they have one but hey I have met some real jerks on metrics to.

I ride with any and all types of bikes. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few HD guys that would not ride with a rice bike. Now the guys I ride with really don't care who rides with them, but I am the only non-harley in the bunch. :punk:Vmax BABY!!!!!!!

Got a buddy that loves to throw the "METRIC" word around. For instance, i've rode with about 8 of these guys numerous times and once in a while when we're on the straighty, I give em the old "wake up call" and it's fun cuz I let em' play for a few hours or so and then when i'm ready I drop the ol' hammer for a few good pulls :biglaugh:. This guy tells me "yeah you know so and so is thinkin' of getting rid of his METRIC bike and buyin' a Harley cuz he's tired of gettin his balls busted by his friends, so he might UPGRADE. I tell him 1st of all, why would he trade in his 1900cc yamaha roadliner that absolutely swallows everybody he rides with, is comfortable, stops good, looks good, to spend another 10 grand on top of that to go backwards......OVER BALLBUSTING ??? Now I happen to love all motorcycles but I told this guy that the last Harley I worked on had more METRIC parts than my 89 max !!! This F'n metric word kills me :ummm:

Harley lended a helping hand to the Japanese when they started getting into motorcycle manufacturing many years ago. The Japanese took what they were taught and went to light speed making improvements. Harley Davidson stayed the same. Now, Harley relies on having their parts made all over the world. The bikes are assembled here and that's the only real link for the use of Made in the USA.

My Harley was made in over 50 different countries...:bang head: No problem, it's better than it could have been if it were all made here. I love my Harley and my VMax. There are a lot of people who are very near sighted and can only see the issue one way or the other. Their Loss.

Latest posts

Back