Harley vs. Vespa

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing how-much of the road he used to try & stay in-sight (nevermind catching him) he's lucky that there wasn't any oncoming traffic. If there was, in my opinion, the Harley would be a hood ornament.

I have in my pics from going to Daytona for bike week for decades, a pic of one of my favorite 'customs'-and it's not a Harley. It is a Vespa.

Now this Vespa has an unusual characteristic. You can see the motor. It has all its bodywork. The motor is no-longer in the rear, under the cowl. It looks more like a Ner-a-Car motorcycle. The motor is where God intended it to be, between your legs and in-front of your torso.

This white Vespa was sitting in-front of the Main St. dives which seem to open only for bike week, and lie dormant the rest of the year. It had a name crudely painted on the side, which looked kinda-like someone did it in lipstick, if you were the person responsible for putting it on an elephant. In broad red strokes, it said,
"Menstrual Cycle."

It was powered by a turbocharged Honda 500 transverse four, and there was nothing but sunshine between you and the top of the motor. No gas tank, no electrical components, no sheetmetal.

Like a member of the opposite gender during her menses, I am sure the bike was a handful with which to deal.

Back