HD Oiler question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Sean is on vacation or I'd call him, I'm sure I'm over my quota bothering him at night and on the weekends already.

I've got an HD oiler from Sean in my hands getting ready to install and finish buttoning up this motor.

It came with a thick OVAL shaped o-ring, the directions on Seans website says it goes;

"on the elbow assembly coming out of the block that is held in place by the dampener"

Is this a replacement for the dreaded orange O-ring? it's oval?? Which Im fine with, it'll be round after I put it on there but just want to make sure I'm not misinterpeting anything...

Thanks guys:punk:

That is the replacement for the stock o-ring that likes to blow out. You are correct in your assumption :)

Yes, the oval ring is a kawasaki part intended to replace the dreaded orange o ring. It is a tight fit getting the elbow back in place with that oval ring. When i pressed it back into the block a little sliver of the new ring shaved off.

I had previously purchased a coo pop stopper kit and am using the disc in that kit on the bottom of the elbow in conjunction with the HD oiling kit.

rusty i couldnt' get my kawasaki o-ring in. with the bike on the ground i had a bottle jack under the elbow trying to get it in and it would lift the bike before it'd pop in. so i bought 25 viton o-rings which are a pretty tight fit. i'll send you one if you need one fyi.

It was a snug fit for sure, but mine went together nicely. Course I had the motor upside down on the floor and could use my body weight and push and wiggle at the same time :)

Back