headlight options?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncdoc0623414

Reaction score
Suggestions for more light on my max.
I've got the higher wattage bulbs, not cutting it for me.
hid? Are they worth it?
Any other options anyone have a favorite light bar on there max fog lights ext?

I'm liking my setup from Aztec8.com, But then again it really dosen't start to get dark at night until september.

Attachments

• P1030151.jpg
    P1030151.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 64
  • P1030084.jpg
    P1030084.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 64
  • P1030083.jpg
    P1030083.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 64
Im happy with my vrod headlight, much brighter than the stock vmax headlight

Attachments

• vmax 016 (Small).jpg
    vmax 016 (Small).jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 111
Suggestions for more light on my max.
I've got the higher wattage bulbs, not cutting it for me.
hid? Are they worth it?
Any other options anyone have a favorite light bar on there max fog lights ext?

I've got Exactreps CyberMax headlight, great looking comsetically, absolutely horrible at night tho' and I've upgraded it to 2ea. 100 watt bulbs,

ive got an HID. i love it. its 8000 k so its a light blue but extreamly bright at night. reflects off signs miles down the road, no kidding. ebay 180 bucks. get slim ballast and enjoy.

peace,
evan....

Where did u mount the ballast? And how difficult was the install.

I really can't see worth a crap at night on the max and I ride home from work at 4am 6 days a week

it was a simple install i mounted the ballast under the left scoop. theres room if you get the SLIM ballast. otherwise no. it made a huge difference. a little more wiring but it just plugged into the stock light plug and then some zip tying to hide the wires.

+1 with HID get bulb color 4300k this Kit is 55watt, has relay, fuse and very easy to install (you'll need to cut the back of the headlight housing to accommodate the extra depth of the bulb)
The bulb has Hi/Low both xenon, comes with slim ballast and lasts long, other similar kits don't have the option of directly connecting to battery +ve, avoid them.
this kit is what you need, the light is pure white and insane road coverage.
want better looking headlight? you can replace the stock reflector with clear glass lens one with some MODIFICATION.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Attachments

• pie cut Ice reflector.jpg
    pie cut Ice reflector.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Headlight modification 041.jpg
    Headlight modification 041.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 40
  • Headlight modification.jpg
    Headlight modification.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 32
I have HID. Love it. I have had mine for almost 3 years now. Simple install. I hav 55 watt 5000k vert white. Best price and lifetime warrenty. DDM Tuning.com

I have HID. Love it. I have had mine for almost 3 years now. Simple install. I hav 55 watt 5000k vert white. Best price and lifetime warrenty. DDM Tuning.com

If you remove the cap off the bulb and cut this section using a dremmel cutoff tool you will have much more light in front of the bike and farther reaching, bulb design is the same now from any seller, life time warranty is great but most sellers go out of business and disappear:(

Attachments

• Copy of Headlight modification 053.jpg
    Copy of Headlight modification 053.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 86

DDM Tuning has been around awhile & i have used their products on 3 vehicles of my own, good quick shipping, easy install, no vexing problems. Have been looking at alternatives to the stock headlight, i like the VRod lamp.

After i saw the negative feedback on the Exactrep dual headlight here, i am not including it on my list! I saw another dual light i may investigate more.

Yea, i liked the mod "coprunner" did, looks cool. The AUDI front end appearance...

DDM Tuning has been around awhile & i have used their products on 3 vehicles of my own, good quick shipping, easy install, no vexing problems. Have been looking at alternatives to the stock headlight, i like the VRod lamp.

After i saw the negative feedback on the Exactrep dual headlight here, i am not including it on my list! I saw another dual light i may investigate more.

Yea, i liked the mod "coprunner" did, looks cool. The AUDI front end appearance...

I have a vrod headlight that I installed, didn't like and removed it, I can part with it if interested, I paid ~190.00 for it but can let it go for $100.00

If its for better light output & distribution the stock reflector can be replaced with a clear glass lens reflector (Adjure motorcycle specific) it gives decent light output & distribution, it also paves the way for HID upgrade which is the ultimate in headlight output. keeps the classic look of the bike & has no additional mounting brackets.
this is what I have basically insane light better than a car with two headlights.

Got a link?

I do the conversion, the headlights I use Adjure at http://adjureinc.com/t50700.html
I take your stock headlight, smash the glass & cut it then fit the new headlight to it. the reason its $100 is that Adjure is here in California so I pay Tax & shipping to get the reflector which ends up to be ~$91.00, I actually loose money doing it.

Attachments

• Headlight modification.jpg
    Headlight modification.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Headlight modification 039.jpg
    Headlight modification 039.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 46
Back