Hell of a thing to do to a VMax !!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingy

Reaction score
VMax4wheeler.jpg

One of my friends who has had many bikes just bought the H-D trike, new & $$$! I think he's concerned about being able to hold up a bike at a light anymore, he's 61!

I fought my way back from being very close to wheelchair bound
after a head on in 97. It destroyed my Mustang and my back.
My back kept getting worse rather than better, I tried to do too much
too soon. I sold the bikes I had because one fell over and pinned my
left foot at a traffic light. I couldn't get it back up and the cars just
rolled by and looked...My leg just gave out. I didn't buy another bike
till 2005. By then I had regained enough strength to try a small, light bike.
Thought a great deal about a trike back then. Someday, I may have to do
that... Not a trike with 4 wheels though....

Some one is still riding a V Max and it could be out of necessity to be on three wheels. I'd rather see one getting some use than being a pile of parts. Rock on dude! :punk: Mike

Think that is one of those 'trike kits'....more like 'big boy training wheels,' can be returned to 2 a wheel ride pretty easily. Not the most attractive thing, for sure, but the guy's still riding his v max! :clapping:

When you get older, you face the inevitable day when you cannot hold a heavy bike up anymore. All my riding friends are from 30's to late 60's (I am 67). We sometimes discuss what we will do when that time arrives. Some look at the Can-Am Spyder, the Ural with sidecar (way too under-powered for me, just an around town vehicle) or the various 3 wheel rigs. A Max with a 3 wheel kit looks good as a solution.

Yep, different for sure. Taking a hi-po bike like a Max and adding those wheels but.....the person is riding! May be elderly or have some physical issues but hell yes....riding...good on them!:clapping:

I have sold and installed several of those kits over the years. They are ideal for older or disabled riders who dont have either full use of their legs or weak hips, and dont want a full trike kit either because of a temporary disability or not enough money to do a complete conversion. These set ups are incredible to ride on...Stable but the added weight does put a load on the transmission.

I have sold and installed several of those kits over the years. They are ideal for older or disabled riders who dont have either full use of their legs or weak hips, and dont want a full trike kit either because of a temporary disability or not enough money to do a complete conversion. These set ups are incredible to ride on...Stable but the added weight does put a load on the transmission.

Have you ever installed one on a v max? What do they cost?

Have you ever installed one on a v max? What do they cost?

I have never put one on a VMAX I have installed this system on Numerous Harley's Yamaha Virago, Honda CX650, CB750,CB900, Triumph Bonnie and several others the complete set up is pretty universal in the way it mounts. You roll the bike into it and the attach the braces then adjust everything to fit. Basically this is a tip proof dolly system that uses the motorcycle as usual and work as (for lack of a better phrase) Training wheels they are not that expensive.
This is a link to a site that sells these even though they do not list the VMX it doesnt mean that they couldnt be modified to work on the max frame

http://www.mtcvoyager.com/

I have never put one on a VMAX I have installed this system on Numerous Harley's Yamaha Virago, Honda CX650, CB750,CB900, Triumph Bonnie and several others the complete set up is pretty universal in the way it mounts. You roll the bike into it and the attach the braces then adjust everything to fit. Basically this is a tip proof dolly system that uses the motorcycle as usual and work as (for lack of a better phrase) Training wheels they are not that expensive.
This is a link to a site that sells these even though they do not list the VMX it doesnt mean that they couldnt be modified to work on the max frame

http://www.mtcvoyager.com/

Thanks, that's an interesting kit....I wonder if anyone ever installed one on an FJR?

Thanks, that's an interesting kit....I wonder if anyone ever installed one on an FJR?
Not sure but I believe that it could be done. The minor mods couldnt be that hard. Also the stability that these provide is astounding. However they do take some getting used to, as with all trike kits...

I had an older ( 74 ) marine buddy who had a Honda converted like this one , as he only had one leg , other leg was made of wood . He also was half blind , couldn't hear very well , and liked to drink whiskey early in the day at the bar and ride it home before the local popo changed shifts at 3 pm . You couldn't tell him anything , he had already done whatever great feat you told him you had done , and always had a bigger , better and faster whatever you had.

So I followed the old marine home one afternoon , just to see how well he drove. I shudda had a video camera . He never gave a signal , didn't stop for red lights , weaved all over the road , and cars just gave him the right of way ! I called his son on arriving home and told him how his father had been driving. That night " someones " stole that bike and he never was allowed to replace it . He did however , get a new Chrysler Sebring convertible within a week . Last time I saw it , all the wheels were bent , no fender or door was dent-less , and the top was tied down with a bungee cord . It was parked sideways in a parking place ........ at the bar .

His son & daughter in law would pick him up in the afternoons so he wouldn't drive it home .

I had an older ( 74 ) marine buddy who had a Honda converted like this one , as he only had one leg , other leg was made of wood . He also was half blind , couldn't hear very well , and liked to drink whiskey early in the day at the bar and ride it home before the local popo changed shifts at 3 pm . You couldn't tell him anything , he had already done whatever great feat you told him you had done , and always had a bigger , better and faster whatever you had.

So I followed the old marine home one afternoon , just to see how well he drove. I shudda had a video camera . He never gave a signal , didn't stop for red lights , weaved all over the road , and cars just gave him the right of way ! I called his son on arriving home and told him how his father had been driving. That night " someones " stole that bike and he never was allowed to replace it . He did however , get a new Chrysler Sebring convertible within a week . Last time I saw it , all the wheels were bent , no fender or door was dent-less , and the top was tied down with a bungee cord . It was parked sideways in a parking place ........ at the bar .

His son & daughter in law would pick him up in the afternoons so he wouldn't drive it home .

You gotta be kidding!! :rofl_200:

Funny story tho Rollie, sounds like a wild man!

Here's a nice option.....I guess! :biglaugh:

http://www.merlinsidecars.co.uk/gallery027.htm

Latest posts

Back