HELP! Carb Problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J-Bird487

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 1990 V-Max and when i turn the bike off, gas just keeps filling up the front left side. i took the carbs off and sprayed them out with some cleaner. this is also the side that my canaster runs to. Could i just rip that off and plug the carb? Thanks

Thats what i was thinking. what about the canaster? can that be removed with no big mods?

Any other ideals of why the carb is overflowing? does the fuel pump keep pressure on the carbs?

Is fuel coming out of the float vent attached to the air box? Either a float is stuck or the float needle valve is defective or not attached to the float correctly.

Well i found the problem. The guy i bought it from had the carbs cleaned and when i took the bowl off, the float needle valve just fell out! I fixed it and works great now. Thanks

Ah,Fell off the little springy thingy!Gas should have been pumping out the vent hose.Glad that you fingered it out!

Latest posts

Back