help with shipper

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odieoh24

Reaction score
as some of you know i just purchased a new to me 09 vmax out of miami fla! that was last week. the load has been posted on uship and im still waitin on a shipper. if anyone on here has someone they have used in the past id really appreciate the help. bike is at dealership in fl and needs to make it to burlington vt. looking to spend between 6-8 hundred getting it here. all help is appreciated.
thanks and regards
odieoh24

I am not sure but I have read some horror stories becareful who you hire.

Don't know any shippers, but a one way plane ticket to Florida and a few days off ought to do the trick?
Its an '09 so I'd think you'd be fine taking a very long Virgin ride.....

I have used uship several times with no problems. The nature of the service can take time as the shipper has to organize his load pickup/delivery as they usually are shipping several items at once to make it profitable. That is the price you pay for using the low bidder. I have used Forward Air and United also but higher cost.

I used HaulBikes.com last year to ship a bike I bought from Houston, Tx to Reidsville, NC.

I couldn't be happier with the service I received. They notified me of the exact day and time that the bike would be picked up at the seller's house, they notified me of when the bike arrived at their distribution warehouse in Pa., and they called me and set up an exact date and time to be delivered to me.

It would have cost me $650 total if the seller had taken the bike to a shipping terminal, and I had traveled to a shipping terminal to pick it up, but to make it easier for both the seller and myself I paid the extra $100 and the bike was picked up at their front door and delivered to my front door.

In the end it was exactly 2 weeks from the time the bike was picked up until it was delivered to me and they called me several times keeping me posted on the progress.

I would recommend them to anyone.

Man, this is the hookup I would say! Not dirt-cheap, but safety of your bike and knowing it's coming right to your home is a big concern to most owners. Sometimes you have to pay to play. Awhile ago I shipped an engine alone on FedEx for about 1/2 that, and the (*&^^&#!**! people at The Brown Trucks (you know who I mean!) wanted MORE than your price for the same job. "Just say NO! to 'what can Brown do for you!'"

I used HaulBikes.com last year to ship a bike I bought from Houston, Tx to Reidsville, NC.

I couldn't be happier with the service I received. They notified me of the exact day and time that the bike would be picked up at the seller's house, they notified me of when the bike arrived at their distribution warehouse in Pa., and they called me and set up an exact date and time to be delivered to me.

It would have cost me $650 total if the seller had taken the bike to a shipping terminal, and I had traveled to a shipping terminal to pick it up, but to make it easier for both the seller and myself I paid the extra $100 and the bike was picked up at their front door and delivered to my front door.

In the end it was exactly 2 weeks from the time the bike was picked up until it was delivered to me and they called me several times keeping me posted on the progress.

I would recommend them to anyone.

murphys law would dictate that 5 hours after i post looking for help with a shipper both the seller and i have both heard from one. sellers regular guy is supposed to take it tomorrow! if for some reason that falls thru the guy i had contact me can pick it up on fri! either way its finally comin home. big vmax thanks to all who offered help its good to know i have other options just in case.

Back