hi does anyone know the size of the 1993 forks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutyhole

Reaction score
As 93 is the changeover year, can you confirm that it has the 43mm forks please, and not 40mm? I assume it is 43mm, I ordered a fork brace need to know :bang head::bang head::bang head:

In 1993 the fork tube size increased from 40 mm to its present size of 43 mm and the new forks tubes were no longer equipped with the “air joint”. (The air equalizing tube that runs from one fork tube to the other.) The front brake rotors were increased in diameter from 282 mm to 298 mm and ventilation holes were added to them. The front brake calipers were also upgraded to a 4-pot system over the previous 2-pot system. In 1993 the generator was also upgraded slightly.
From here:
http://vmax.lvlhead.com/tips/vmaxhistory3.htm

'93 *should* have the larger 43mm forks. No telling what the PO did though. Does it have 4 piston calipers that bolt straight to the legs and 298mm vented rotors? If so, chances you have 43mm forks.

You could just measure them.

'93 *should* have the larger 43mm forks. No telling what the PO did though. Does it have 4 piston calipers that bolt straight to the legs and 298mm vented rotors? If so, chances you have 43mm forks.

You could just measure them.

If he has 40mm forks with that brake setup i'd be very impressed.

Latest posts

Back