highway pegs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okievmax

Reaction score
Does anybody have highway pegs mounted on there engine guards? Is this more comfortable on the highway? Do they look out of place?

I actually have a few sets and the other day I stuck a set on my engine guards. I can honestly say at 6'2" they made a world of difference on a 100 mile ride.:eusa_dance:

I used some O-ring banded chrome highway pegs that were manufactured by Jardine for Drag Specialties. My review would be awesome for comfort but they do not look like they 100% belong there. I would be into buying a better set for the bike but until I find a more aesthetic looking set these will do.:biglaugh:

eBayISAPI.dll

These are the ones I have on mine right now

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...70759769586&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

We sell the Kuryakyn pegs and have also modified the OEM guards with an extra set of rear pegs (and can supply a bolt on ready set).

See our Facebook Album for pics of the modified guards. Super slick modification though the Kury pegs would be cheaper.

Sean

We sell the Kuryakyn pegs and have also modified the OEM guards with an extra set of rear pegs (and can supply a bolt on ready set).

See our Facebook Album for pics of the modified guards. Super slick modification though the Kury pegs would be cheaper.

Sean

Plus, Sean offers a Kury discount I believe!

I have a few various positions I ride in.

1. Standard: Feet on driver pegs
2. Stretch: Feet on the engine guard
3. Laid out: Feet OVER the engine guard (back of the heel contacting)
4. Hunched: Feet on Rear pegs, chest to tank, face to handle bars.
5. Tall: Feet on driver pegs, ass on passenger seat

I'd like to get some highway pegs, but in the meantime I'll just switch up my riding positions. I do most of the driving in Standard and Stretch positions. the others are just for a change of pace for about 5 min at a time.

I'm thinking about getting some textured paint, like boat deck paint, and painting my engine guards in the black color. That way my boots won't have the tendancy to slip off the small, smooth guards. Could look cool too... Maybe use some for a luggage rack as well. Anywhos, eventually I want some Kuryakyn (? spelling) highway pegs. Had some on the Valkyrie before I rolled her over and snapped one off :bang head:, and they were great.

I have a few various positions I ride in.

1. Standard: Feet on driver pegs
2. Stretch: Feet on the engine guard
3. Laid out: Feet OVER the engine guard (back of the heel contacting)
4. Hunched: Feet on Rear pegs, chest to tank, face to handle bars.
5. Tall: Feet on driver pegs, ass on passenger seat

Sounds like you've got your bases covered. I do the same on long trips. Even with a modified seat you just need a change of pace from time to time. Seems like people tend to stare at me when I use the "Tall" position. Guess it must look funny to a passer-by. Maybe I just look funny :ummm:

Get yourself some "grip" tape from your lumber store. You can cut it in a small section and apply it to the guard. Works well for traction to keep your feet in place. The OEM guard wasn't made to be a footrest so that's why it's like it is.

Sean

Back