hinged passenger seat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

likembikem

Reaction score
I have looked on here for several hours last night about a 'hinged passenger seat' mod that also gave a little bit of underseat storage. It was a website link and I believe someone on here makes the part. Something I would like to look into if someone could help.

Thanks Kyle, He's right likembikem,read all the reviews ,check out the website, then feel free to pm,email or call with any questions and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

There was a mod done years ago to hinge the rear OEM passenger seat for easy access to the tool kit and quick change of the grabrail/backrest.

Sean

are you talking about this?
http://exactrep.com/cgi-bin/ss000002.pl?PRODREF=171B

seat-mech-click-here.JPG

The cheaper way to do that is to simply slot the plastic of the rear seat. Takes a few minutes with a dremil and you're done.

i wonder if rick could quickly make a kit based off his seat.

I have looked on here for several hours last night about a 'hinged passenger seat' mod that also gave a little bit of underseat storage. It was a website link and I believe someone on here makes the part. Something I would like to look into if someone could help.

I hinged the passenger seat when I was modifying the rear end to take a auxiliary gas tank. That was a few years ago, and I can't remember the exact shape of the plastic underside of the seatpan, but what I did to provide pivot points for the hinge bolts was to put some metal extensions on the existing tabs that protrude from the underside. These mate up with the metal brackets that originally were used to hold the seat in place. Then of course I had to cut out all of the reinforcing webs on the seat pan, to allow room for the tank.
The pics may or may not clarify what I actually did. If someone would like to reply with a couple photos of an original seat, showing the underside, that should jog my memory enough to detail the extension arrangement.
Cheers!

Attachments

• P1010751.jpg
    P1010751.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 28
  • P1010753.jpg
    P1010753.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010755.jpg
    P1010755.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts