Honda CBR 1800RR

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Kneeslider is a great place for gearheads! Always many interesting things to read & see. I like to cruise the articles. Here's one:
http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2012/01/27/16-cylinder-h16-engine-to-power-new-motorcycle-under-construction-by-andreas-georgeades/
h16-engine-on-bench.jpg

from the V-12 Honda CBX X2 (that's, "times-two!") builder, a horizontal "H-16" engine that has a similar appearance to the F-1 BRM of the 1960's, which I saw run at Watkins Glen back then. I have some pics in my archives of it. I recall when Honda entered F-1 back in the 1960's w/its V-12, it was the loudest thing on the track.

I think the BRM had a lot of teething problems and I seem to recall w/o googling that it won the last race of the season under the old formula it was designed to compete in, before the displacement changed. Graham Hill drove for BRM, one of my all-time-favorite drivers! A great sense of humor and w/humility that is pretty-much unknown among the current crop of drivers from someplace like NASCAR.

Back