Honda F6B

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregoryuw

Reaction score
Have any of you guys had a chance to ride or own the new Honda F6B . I had a chance to sit on one over the weekend , the bike feels lighter than it looks .
Love my 1st and 2nd gen Vmax , as I get older I seem to be selling off my sport bikes for more comfort .

I was just looking at these online last night. When it comes time for me to upgrade to the 2nd gen, I might have to seriously consider this option as well. They aren't as aggressive as the Max, but they are a pretty good looking comfort bike.

I actually sorta like the regular goldwing seat better. And they shoulda left the cruise control on it.

I would love to get one of them, but I would want lower handlebars if at all possible. Also, I agree that it needs cruise control, and I would want the reverse offered on the standard Wing as well. And if they could come up with a mountable trunk, for those times when you do need that much cargo space, that would be SWEET!

I would love to get one of them, but I would want lower handlebars if at all possible. Also, I agree that it needs cruise control, and I would want the reverse offered on the standard Wing as well. And if they could come up with a mountable trunk, for those times when you do need that much cargo space, that would be SWEET!
There is a company that makes a kit for the regular wing to covert it to look like this & you can switch it out within an hour to have it either way.

There is a company that makes a kit for the regular wing to covert it to look like this & you can switch it out within an hour to have it either way.

This.... and a shorter windshield and you can have whatever you want. It doesn't look as good, and I wonder if a stock F6B seat would go on a standard wing. I think the plastics wouldn't match, but it could be figured out...

.....AND, you'd get to have a cruise control!

I'd bet Mother Honda will be adding back more options with each successive model year she produces this F6B - marketing strategy - makes the original buyers want to trade up.

I likes the red/black one, but not enough to trade in my Rune. Some of the custom colors coming out of a big Arkansas dealership look nice too. I'm not a fan of the all black ones.

I wouldn't buy one but I have a 98 Valkyrie. It's black and fully de-badged.I have a couple of small black wind screens in addition to an oversize clear wind shield for tourning with my wife.Gets about the same gas milage as the Max around town, handles great, and has a good following on the internet.

I ride it as much as my Max,
Lew

I have already concidered getting one, I like the styling and the comfort for long rides has got to be out of this world!
G

I wouldn't buy one but I have a 98 Valkyrie. It's black and fully de-badged.I have a couple of small black wind screens in addition to an oversize clear wind shield for tourning with my wife.Gets about the same gas milage as the Max around town, handles great, and has a good following on the internet.

I ride it as much as my Max,
Lew

Did you ever made it to one of Tim Moore's Cheaha, AL Valk rallies, or perhaps the annual national Valk rally they call Inzane? Great people that know how to put on a party for sure!

Inzane was 70 miles away from me last summer in Eureka Springs, AR, and I've met Tim & assoc through his ann'l Rune rally in TN, and then gone to his Cheaha, AL rally as well.

Tim's 9th annual Rune rally is Labor Day weekend @ Hiawassee, GA this year, and there's usually 3-4 Valk guys in attendance.

Sounds like great fun but I'm on the other side of the country in Reno.

Lew

Valkyrie peeps come from all over the country, and Canada to join in their Inzane event. They had it in Colo a couple years back. If you aren't already aware of their forum, you might consider giving it a once over, and perhaps join up with one of their other, smaller group gatherings. Different factions have them throughout the year in different parts of the country.

http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/

Great looking bike I think.

I also think they shouldn't have discontinued the Valkyrie. Was it not selling?

They made a limited run of the Valk's on the new 1800cc Wing engine. They called them the rune, and they were a bit ugly by most people's standards. They were rather pricey by anybody else's standards.

Kind of like the Gen-2 :D

The 1500's sold like crazy, but the 1800's pushed the price too far out of the typical cruiser market. That combined with the global recession resulted in them being very rare... I've only ever seen one on the road.

I've no idea why Honda quit making Valks. As far as I can tell, they sold lots of them, including in it's final year - 2003. But at the same time, I'm sure glad they made their 2004 & 2005 limited edition Valkyrie Runes. The Rune was the very first bike I ever laid eyes upon and said to myself (and the dealer present at the time) "wow, that's a pretty cool bike. I'd like to buy one of those." I can't say that about my 85 Vmax, nor my 09. Unfortunately, at the time, the cash price at my dealer was still over $24.5K, and so it was another 4 yrs before I ran across a deal on a used one I could afford.

Talamena Skyway
Runes on the OK Talamena Skyway.JPG

Us atop the Blue Ridge Parkway

Most people speculate that Honda quit making runes due to poor sales, but @ $27500 full list price, I doubt they ever intended to make/sell many to begin with.

I would LOVE to have a Rune. It is among the list of bikes I want in my stable

1. 1st Gen Max (have)
  2. Honda VTR1000F Superhawk
  3. Honda Rune
  4. Kawasaki EX-500 Ninjette (HEY! Little bikes are fun too!
    twilightblush.png
    )
  5. A Honda Shadow VLX frankensteined with a NT-700 motor in it with a SHIT-TON of work done to it to build into a 750cc OHC modified partially streamlined fuel LSR bike.
Ok, that last one, they say my goal for it is an impossibility, and I say BULLSHIT! I will set the record in that class using a Honda V-twin! And I will do so with the V-twin BECAUSE they say that it cannot be done!
rainbowdetermined2.png

I allways like the look of the rune its a master piece of mass production from honda , I had a buddy who owned one and he spent more time cleaning that bike than riding it .
This is the first year production on the F6B and no ABS and no reverse , not sure what the motorcycle manufactures are thinking Europe gets ABS and we get non .
I have been rotating out some of my track bikes ... slowing down a bit , still tare up the back roads on supermoto bikes .
My new 2nd gen great machine but also my 1st gen is bad ass bike , have a FZ1 and supermoto ... I may have to many machines but I'm happy ... could see a F6B just not yet .

Latest posts

Back