Honda unveils the most boring bike of all time

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I owned a '84 Honda Sabre 700 and my brotyher owned a '84 Honda Nighthawk 700. I liked the v-4 better, it just sounder better to me, but the Nighthawk was quicker for sure. We had a lot of fun on those two bikes that's for sure!
The fastest I could get the Sabre to go was ~130 mph (feet on back pegs/ left hand tucked behind back/ helmet almost resting on tank just peeking over speedo!) almost 3 mile run on a deserted part of freeway (on 475 from 1-75 to Clio rd. for those that know the N. Flint, MI area). I tried to better my top speed run many times on that stretch as it was my favorite way to get from west side to east side of town.

Pictures worth a thousand words...yes ? Middle of a rebuild...:biglaugh:

Attachments

• DSCN3633.jpg
    DSCN3633.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 15
Technically superior but aesthetically bland and soulless.

Exactly. "Too much" competency can just be boring. There has to be some flair, some spice, something to reach down your pants and have a little feel. This looks like as much fun as being the DD on $1 drinks night at the titty bar.

Exactly. "Too much" competency can just be boring. There has to be some flair, some spice, something to reach down your pants and have a little feel. This looks like as much fun as being the DD on $1 drinks night at the titty bar.

if you're in utica thats a good thing. too many of those drinks might make ya think ones attractive!:rofl_200:

Pictures worth a thousand words...yes ? Middle of a rebuild...:biglaugh:

Friend had one of those. I had the VF750F either 84 or 85 can't remember.
Loved it to bits! Those engines were great!

I think the VFR's went to a different crankshaft config/firing order and lost that unevenness that gave them that aggressive feel. I think the VF1000F is the pick of the bunch. Nice bike!

I sometimes wonder if it would be worth getting my hands on an ex Japan VFR400 for congested city traffic. Haven't ridden one ever, but small, light, chuckable V4 would be fun for those places you just can't find any space.

The v-max reminded me of my old Honda when I rode it, but bigger and tougher. :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back