how quick? put your name to it!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badVmax

Reaction score
Ya its speculation, so what! Everyone just post your guess in e.t. we already know how fast it will be going due to its electronics. The winner will get a free Vmax, lol:rofl_200:I will start. 9.65

Ok how fast.......... This is a very broad question.......

Who riding it?
What elevation
What Conditions?

Magazine will post 9.40's
Good rider light weight 9.70's 9.90's
Typical Rider 10.20's

I will guess 9.50

If it doesn't make it as a top q/m contender the sales will drop - adding in that price tag fuel cost and insurance rates - screw that, stick with the older V1

Box stock I'd say 9.70s, but I'm sure a ringer with a sticky tire could post a 9.40.

it's heavy and not that powerful. I am going to say 9.90 if they get an excellent rider on board. Maybe 9.70's if everything goes well.

Sean

Ok I'm saying under ten 9.856437 (but that's just a guesstimate) if you tell the story.

9 flat if I tell the story. :rofl_200:

yamaha would not let the limiter be and issue in the quarter .if its kicks in at 142 thats all she got for the 1/4

yamaha would not let the limiter be and issue in the quarter .if its kicks in at 142 thats all she got for the 1/4

Longer wheel base, more rake, more rubber and extra fuel weight on the rear wheel, hopefully equals more traction, which would still allows nines with a 143 trap speed. Plus we all know how long the limiter thing will last:punk:

Better chassis...better power... weight but in the right places for launch... 9 years of screwing around trying to get it right...

8.99 in the magazines with some major talent on it....

10 for the rest of us normal talet guys....

Limiter will not be a problem with this bike. According to the Yamaha Canada rep the bike will blow through it as long as it senses continuous hard acceleration through the gears (ie running the engine to redline) from a standstill. The limiter comes in to play if you do a roll on in 5th gear etc. I believe the term he used was "soft limiter" when describing its function. It sounds to me like they appeased the lawyers by putting in a form of speed limiting that would function on the highway and still not limit the performance on the track. Cause we all know you only race on the track :rofl_200:

THAT THING IS A LOAD AND CAN'T LAUNCH ! MIGHT PULL TOP-END BUT WILL BE NOWHERE NEAR 143 MPH'S IN THE 1/4 , MAYBE IF IT WERE REMOTE-CONTROLL SO THERE WOULD BE NO ADDED WEIGHT OF A RIDER , MAYBE A LOW 10. , BUT BIKE & THE BEST RIDER IN THE WORLD & LIGHTEST ALSO , NO BARS & NO SLICK , I'LL SAY 10:90 , I'LL BET ALL 9 INCHES ! :rofl_200: IF IT GOES A 9:90 I'M BUYING ONE ASAP ! NO DOUGHT ! :punk:

Last edited:
THAT THING IS A LOAD AND CAN'T LAUNCH ! MIGHT PULL TOP-END BUT WILL BE NOWHERE NEAR 143 MPH'S IN THE 1/4 , MATBE IF IT WERE REMOTE-CONTROLL SO THERE WOULD BE NO ADDED WEIGHT OF A RIDER , MAYBE A LOW 10. , BUT BIKE & THE BEST RIDER IN THE WORLD & LIGHTEST ALSO , I'LL SAY 10:90 , I'LL BET ALL 9 INCHES ! :rofl_200: IF IT GOES A 9:90 I'M BUYING ONE ASAP ! NO DOUGHT ! :punk:

Better get your deposit ready soon then! :biglaugh:

Back