Hp

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Were both cams (front and rear) that way? I am not sure but do you have a Euro spec assembly manual that tells them to do that? I bet they weren't installed correctly in the first place.

Sean

On a side note. Did you put the diode block cover back on? It's sitting next to intake number 2 in your first picture.
Sean

hahaha. Is this when I need to tell ya I'm French? Why d'you think I left when I was 19...

But eh, there is good cheese and you can't help being jealous of the quality wine. LOL

Saw that one coming... After my Michelin rant I stopped dogging the French... :rofl_200:

Goes to show you, you never know who's who/what... :confused2:

The SV was nutted before getting to France but a single wire in the ECU can be unplugged to side step that issue... I bet it's the same with most of the other FI bikes.

Chris

Saw that one coming... After my Michelin rant I stopped dogging the French... :rofl_200:

Goes to show you, you never know who's who/what... :confused2:

The SV was nutted before getting to France but a single wire in the ECU can be unplugged to side step that issue... I bet it's the same with most of the other FI bikes.

Chris

The foot in mouth thing doesn't' affect me at all, me and this other dude in high school used to do it soo much to other people at parties and stuff i'm numb to it.

Were both cams (front and rear) that way? I am not sure but do you have a Euro spec assembly manual that tells them to do that? I bet they weren't installed correctly in the first place.

Sean
Looks like we have the final answer.

Check this out, page from german manual. Yamaha reffering to set the intake cam only, so exhaust cam is delayed.

germano.jpg

Yes, but there will be something to indicate where to set the other cam. If not you could install it 180 degrees out. There will be something in there to tell you where. Might even be in a supplement page earlier in the manual.

Yes, but there will be something to indicate where to set the other cam. If not you could install it 180 degrees out. There will be something in there to tell you where. Might even be in a supplement page earlier in the manual.
I agree. Strange indeed and could end with blown engine.

Does anyone here knows german and willing to help?

But the ger manual dosent shows that or i cant find that.
My german is not strong but another hint I found:

gercams.jpg

engcams.jpg

On a side note. Did you put the diode block cover back on? It's sitting next to intake number 2 in your first picture.
Sean

Yeah, that thing was always falling around the place. I stuck it back on with a bit of silicon sealant

Looks like we have the final answer.

Check this out, page from german manual. Yamaha reffering to set the intake cam only, so exhaust cam is delayed.

Looks like your other screen shot is from the same pdf, so this quote is from pg. 197. it reads almost tha same as the German (I think)

Install the "IN" marked camshaft onto the intake side and "EX" marked camshaft onto the exhaust side.
Turn the camshafts by hand so th
at the timing markes (6) (o: small hole) on the camshaft face upward

The Cam Lobe "B" limit differs by 0,9mm both on intake as on exhaust cams. The question is, is this a misprint or is there actually a diferrence?

The Cam Lobe "B" limit differs by 0,9mm both on intake as on exhaust cams. The question is, is this a misprint or is there actually a diferrence?

:confused2: I'll be checking the width of my cams later

If Lobe "B" is 0,9mm thicker then I assume the lowest point of the cam is out too? but the Lobe "A" is still the same??? so... is the highest point 0,9mm lower and the lowest point 0,9mm higher? (giving Lobe "A" the same measurment)
I'm confused :ummm: do I have 0,9mm less lift? or is it 1,8mm (thinner shimms + less lift) or does Lobe "B" only control the rate of opening/closing

I might just buy a complete overbored engine to be sure :rofl_200:

Firstble, dont behave like me and go here and say hello to the forum :no no no: :rofl_200:
I was that unkind and I dindt say hello. LOL
Bad satariel, bad :deadhorse:

I have Your euro heads, I will verify that sonner or later.

Looks like your other screen shot is from the same pdf, so this quote is from pg. 197. it reads almost tha same as the German (I think)
Sounds similar to the US manual, seting the T1 mark with small holes. But german manual do not refer both cams, just to intake cam which is strange...

Where did you het the english euro manual?

They only need to refer to one cam since it is showing the location and picture of the dot and how to align it with the cap. By default that's how you do the other one. Someone messed up the other guys cams and I can't tell by the picture if they retarded or advanced the cams. Not the right way to too it and way too much!
Sean

They only need to refer to one cam since it is showing the location and picture of the dot and how to align it with the cap. By default that's how you do the other one. Someone messed up the other guys cams and I can't tell by the picture if they retarded or advanced the cams. Not the right way to too it and way too much!
Sean

That pic is of the rear head, taken from the right
cams rotate clockwise (when looking from that side) looks retarded to me!

maybe the previous owner had some shims changed (the hard way) and it never went back together properly... all I know is that I'm lucky that there was no contact (and I wanted to check the valve clearances only a few weeks after buying the bike)

Figures. Not only can the Frogs not build anything worthwhile themselves, but they have to bastardize things they import to make sure they're not too scary.

Why would you even buy a Vmax with only 100hp and no vboost? Then it would be known as the retarded cousin to the V45 Magna.

WOW,..thats just funny,...thanks, you made my morning, I got a good chukle..."retarded cousin lol"

Sean

And the question.
What will happen when:
- carbs slides limited
- no v-boost
- smaller outles form mufflers

...and retard the ex cam about 3 teeths?

Its all strange, like the idea to limit the v-max to 100hp!

I found a few different camshaft part numbers
Intake:
1FK-12171-00-00
2WF-12171-01-00 (C)
3JP-12171-01-00 (C)
Exhaust:
1FK-12181-00-00
2WF-12181-00-00 (C)

C = California / post 2006?

does the us models have the full power camshaft?

Back