Hungry 'Max Mod Monkey? $ spent here instead

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
An article from the Nat'l. Marine Manufacturers Assoc. said the #1 state for recreational boating is FL, #2 CA, #3 MI, #4 TX, & #5 NY. That's by expenditures. FL was 15% ahead of CA in total $ spent on recreational boating, and appropriately led the nation in registrations of recreational boats, one boat for slightly-less than every twenty-two people.

How-many of us have operable, registered boats? I have the best situation, I don't have one, but my son does, a 19' Aquasport open-fish, and we have one of the best places in the country to use it, the coral-reef blessed south FL Atlantic Ocean and Biscayne Bay.

So, what do other members spend their discretionary income on, for 'boats that float?' "Projects" don't count, as they probably haven't tasted H2O for years. But, if you want to bare your soul, we'll listen...

And because south FL got some incredible promotion courtesy of a popular '80's TV show, here are a couple famous people who were in different episodes. Who can correctly name both, and what is "weasel dust?" No-fair googling! The guy in the first pic is an acquaintance of my college buddy who still lives in MI where we went to college. He said he & his friend ditched him at the Grande Ballroom in DE-troit once rather than give him a ride back to Birmingham MI, about 42 years-ago.

The last one is a shot of another of my friend's 35' Cigarette, since sold, taken from a helicopter when he was advertising it for sale. 40 GPH at cruising, twin inboard marine 454's w/4-bbl carbs, 60+ mph top-end. He traded the ocean for the mountains, & lives in Durango CO where he is building a custom spec-home, almost done. He's living in it now. He has a M109 Suzuki and loves it, he always had hot-rod Jap. bikes before this, going back to SOHC Honda 4's in the '70's. In CO he said Wolf Creek Valley is a favorite 2 wheel destination.

"There is nothing better than messing-around with boats."-Mr. Toad, Wind in the Willows

"Boat:" (popular definition) "the hole in the water into which you pour your $$$!"

images
images
images
images
download

Attachments

• Daytona Bike Week 2012 002.jpg
    Daytona Bike Week 2012 002.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 20
Man what a beautiful boat!!

I can name the guy with the machine gun next to Don Johnson....Glenn Frye.

In fact I remember the song they played during that episode....can you name it?

Agh....meant Frey!!

That's easy, the episode was, "Smuggler's Blues," though I dunno if that was the soundtrack at that exact point in the plot.

My friend's wife played an integral part in the whole premise of the series, she was killed in an early episode (#6: "One-Eyed Jacks"), and I think it was Dennis Farina who was supposed to be responsible for her 'death' in the series. Her real name is 'Janet,' she had a distinctive appearance, and all her friends called her "Red." It was the episode where Edward James Olmos became Lt. Castillo, replacing Jimmy Smits, Sonny Crockett's first boss, who was killed-off.

I don't like to use 'Wikipedia,' but I have to admit I looked-at the site to review my knowledge, since it was last on as a first-run nearly 25 years ago. There is an impressive list of actors who appeared over the years, and the variety will surprise you.

Last edited:
So we know Glen Frey, who's the other fellow?

Here's his senior year high school picture. Bonus points if you know where it's from!
images

Drawing a blank on that guy but his high school picture reminds me of an old joke.....

Horse walks in a bar....bartender says, "Why the long face"

Get it?....bartender says, "why the long face...":rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

:blink000:

And the senior year high school head-shot is from the back cover of Reuben and the Jets.
images
images

I saw him play several times before he died of cancer. What a great composer and musician! I think his album Hot Rats is one of the most visually-striking album covers ever made.
images

And for sheer avant-garde appearance this one is right up-there:
images

Latest posts

Back