I appeased my mod monkey today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigrubbers4x4

Reaction score
Well since it had warmed up a bit around here and i have had cabin fever since my thumb accident, i decided since my thumb is healing a little bit and didnt hurt to bad, i was going to go ahead and try to do some wrenching on the max today. I got the new drag bars installed (thanks PATMAX), I had my forks in the front lowered an inch and had to raise them back up a half inch in order for my clutch and brake reservoirs to clear with the new bars. I got the kuryakin grips installed, I got the sissy bar removed and the stock short grab rail installed, i got my new progressive 11.5" shocks installed, the bike is resting comfortably on the center stand until i get the new kickstand, modify it and install it. here are some pics. oh yeah, as you can see in the pics, i gave it a bath also to get the year and half of dust off of it and ready for spring.

Attachments

• 100_7159.jpg
    100_7159.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_7160.jpg
    100_7160.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_7156.jpg
    100_7156.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 62
  • 100_7163.jpg
    100_7163.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 100_7170.jpg
    100_7170.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 61
Wow, That's a months worth.....

lemme tell ya, it was interesting doing it all with one good hand and 4 fingers on the other. That should show how much i really wanted to work on the bike and get the new parts on. COME ON SPRING TIME, I WANNA RIDE!!!

Im not sure about you but this friday is forecasted to be mighty warm by me. May be time for a ride!

looks really good, you will love those grips :p
Try to mirror polish the scoops :p

i had the scoops polished to mirrors last time i rode it, then it sat for over a year and a half in my basement. thats next on my list is to re-polish them. i wish i could afford some zoop seal to seal them after i polish them again. anyone got any other recommendations on what to use to seal them after i polish them again?

i bought them grips like 2 or 3 years ago and they have been just laying around waiting for me to get drag bars... i cant wait to see if they help with the vibrations i get in my hands.

i had the scoops polished to mirrors last time i rode it, then it sat for over a year and a half in my basement. thats next on my list is to re-polish them. i wish i could afford some zoop seal to seal them after i polish them again. anyone got any other recommendations on what to use to seal them after i polish them again?

CHROME

i cant wait to see if they help with the vibrations i get in my hands.

I installed the kuryakyn iso's on my bike this past summer. My hands were always going numb with the stock grips. The iso's helped but didn't completely get rid of the vibration.

Yea, but you can never get the polish to look that good in my opinion. There are too many bad spots that won't polish out (poor castings) and give it a funky look. Plus, it still doesn't pop like a chromed part would.

Sean

Yea, but you can never get the polish to look that good in my opinion. There are too many bad spots that won't polish out (poor castings) and give it a funky look. Plus, it still doesn't pop like a chromed part would.

Sean
agreed

looks good ! just sent my scoops out today to get chromed cant wait ! what did you do to your thumb ? i broke mine 4 months ago and the doctor hasnt released me to go back to work yet !

looks good ! just sent my scoops out today to get chromed cant wait !

what did you do to your thumb ?

did you send them to sean?

I almost cut it off with a table saw. ive been off for 5 weeks so far and the doctor said i will go back to work in three more weeks.

Latest posts

Back