I think i have air getting in from somewhere

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lawman504

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put my bike back together the other day from replacing the vboost servo. Took her for a spin this evening and when i roll back pretty hard i can hear a gurgling sound so to speak. I was pretty careful seating the carbs but had a really super hard time seating the airbox on top of them. Do ya think maybe its sucking air?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yea, thats also a bitch. It may have came off though, it barely reaches and it would be virtually impossible to get a hose clamp on it.

Angled hemostats work pretty good on the breather hose & clamp.

Give it the unlit propane test for leaks, should show right up if you have one.

Are you saying you had to pull the carbs to replace the v-boost servo:ummm: I had replaced mine without removing the carbs. Just spray some carb cleaner around the rubber boots and see if the idle changes.

I just put my bike back together the other day from replacing the vboost servo. Took her for a spin this evening and when i roll back pretty hard i can hear a gurgling sound so to speak. I was pretty careful seating the carbs but had a really super hard time seating the airbox on top of them. Do ya think maybe its sucking air?

Last edited:
Are you saying you had to pull the carbs to replace the v-boost servo:ummm: I had replaced mine without removing the carbs. Just spray some carb cleaner around the rubber boots and see if the idle changes.

Please explain how. I saw no other way to do it.

Take a bright flashlight, put on your reading glasses (if you require them) and shine the light down there and look all around to SEE if your boots and/or crankcase breather hose are all seated properly. That's the way I do it. If you have a leak big enough to sound as you've described, you are going to be able to see it.

Figured it out. Did the propane test and found nothing, but while doing this i kept hearing a clicking sound...about 2-3 a second coming from somewhere near the vboost servo. After tearing everything back off of her, i found one of the plug wires had pulled out from a coil during the "put back together" phase of my vboost project. Fixed it, ran the piss out of it and it ran great. I guess the noises i was hearing had something to do with only running on 3 cylinders. Who knows. Thanks for the help guys!

Try this for carbs or the air box, works for me.
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=21303&highlight=seating

Back