I was him!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatatjoz

Reaction score
You know the guy. You're filling up the Max at a gas station and "he" comes over to tell you about the one he used to have. Or maybe "he" had a brother's cousin's nephew that almost killed himself on one.

I couldn't help it though. It was the first time I came across one of us at a gas station. A real life Vmax rider that I could actually talk to. I've never seen one in the wild before.
So I strolled over and looked it over. Anniversary edition. Sparkling clean. Kerker can, no fan switch, stock bars (I think). The guy was a big burley SOB. He seemed to be an alright guy. (how could he not be, he was riding a Max).
After talking for a short bit, we both had to split.

He left the station ahead of me, Hit the freeway entrance, and began to merge with my pickup in tow.

I heard it gain a few RPM's with that nice Kerker, and he swapped to the hammer lane.
I heard it hit 6grand and off he went.

Now, he probably thought I was a poser. Hell, he's probably never seen a Vmax guy in the wild either, but we had one thing in common for a few milliseconds. I know that feeling well, and even driving behind a max I knew when it opened.
My smile was just as big as his.

I had a guy at a stop light once tell me that his bro had one way back when and when he got it up to 150mph the front wheel started lifting off the ground because the radiator was so huge...

I was like "WTF dude Really you believe that?"

Amazing the stories you hear...

I had a guy at a stop light once tell me that his bro had one way back when and when he got it up to 150mph the front wheel started lifting off the ground because the radiator was so huge...

First of all wow and second of all WOW hehe. When people start talking about "oh well I went 180 down the highway" I want to tell them that's what you're bike says but what you're actually going is more like 160. Sorry my man works for a very well known GPS company (not giving any names :) ) and that is very accurate so if you really want to be correct strap a GPS on your bike and take off. You'll be surprised how horribly off your speedometer is the faster you go!

Back to topic...I haven't had the pleasure of seeing another vmax in the wild. If I ever saw one sitting in the parking lot even I would sit there until the owner hopped on and tackle him haha!

was parked next to a hog a while back, some other dude came over and was admiring the bikes and after letting both of us know the bikes were nice he much have the hog thinking it was way faster and had more guts. I just smiled and didn't say anything but the Harley dude stepped right in and said "well that beast over there is one bad ass machine dont be fooled by it". Well that sure made my day, nice when other bikers (other brands) know about the max, well who the hell doesn't??? hahah

I've heard they will lift up at 150 if the carb chains have been removed......or hooked back up, whichever!! :rofl_200:

I've heard they will lift up at 150 if the carb chains have been removed......or hooked back up, whichever!! :rofl_200:
no, no, no, if you disconnet the kanutter valve and have d.o.t. 17 blinker fluid, it lifts at exactally 152.63877 mph.

You know the guy. You're filling up the Max at a gas station and "he" comes over to tell you about the one he used to have. Or maybe "he" had a brother's cousin's nephew that almost killed himself on one.

I couldn't help it though. It was the first time I came across one of us at a gas station. A real life Vmax rider that I could actually talk to. I've never seen one in the wild before.
So I strolled over and looked it over. Anniversary edition. Sparkling clean. Kerker can, no fan switch, stock bars (I think). The guy was a big burley SOB. He seemed to be an alright guy. (how could he not be, he was riding a Max).
After talking for a short bit, we both had to split.

He left the station ahead of me, Hit the freeway entrance, and began to merge with my pickup in tow.

I heard it gain a few RPM's with that nice Kerker, and he swapped to the hammer lane.
I heard it hit 6grand and off he went.

Now, he probably thought I was a poser. Hell, he's probably never seen a Vmax guy in the wild either, but we had one thing in common for a few milliseconds. I know that feeling well, and even driving behind a max I knew when it opened.
My smile was just as big as his.

NICE TALE:punk:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been frequenting the bike night here still hoping that I run into that guy again. I want to see what other crazy bullshit he'll try to tell me!

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been frequenting the bike night here still hoping that I run into that guy again. I want to see what other crazy bullshit he'll try to tell me!

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: That guys carb chains are prolly hooked to the wall cleats in the 'rubber room' by now!! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

was parked next to a hog a while back, some other dude came over and was admiring the bikes and after letting both of us know the bikes were nice he much have the hog thinking it was way faster and had more guts. I just smiled and didn't say anything but the Harley dude stepped right in and said "well that beast over there is one bad ass machine dont be fooled by it". Well that sure made my day, nice when other bikers (other brands) know about the max, well who the hell doesn't??? hahah

Been there...It does make you feel good. Had a guy on a screaming eagle vrod pull me out in a croud at Reno's Street vibes a few years back. He challenged me to the dyno drags. I'd been watching and having a good time for awhile so what the hell, I jumped in line with him. After the first pass, the croud started getting closer and crazier, screaming and getting rowdy. I schooled him three for three I didn't feel safe anymore with the HD croud closing in but when I came off the rear gate they swarmed me with questions and admiration. even the guy I spanked gave me a high five after the last run. hell I got a T shirt out of it, and some respect for us all!

cool story /\ /\.....I have never seen dyno drags but it would be cool since I am not little(catch alot of wind lol) On a ride I took yesterday two different guy's gave me compliments on my Vmax. The nice part is I was parked next to a 35,000 dollar Big Bear chopper, both times. Heck the second guy even told me they were the fastes production bike from like the 70's through the 90's lol. We were in a hurry so I just said yes they are a blast to ride...

Dyno drags are fun, by no means a true time slip but a cool chance to have a croud around you through the whole pass. sport bikes smoke clutches and big twins throw belts. You don't have the launch to master since your strapped down.
I don't think my bike is over done with yamaha or vmax emblems but i do get alot of "what kind of bike is that?" some can't read I guess. I chalk it up to so few on the road.

Latest posts

Back