IA, IL Drag Day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4WARND

Reaction score
O.K. everyone. Sturgis on the River went great. We missed our west of town friends greatly though. Many discussions at this event lead to the topic of DRAG RACING, as such gathering of Maxxers will do. Several people wanted to get together again soon and we were all thinking Cordova Dragway in Cordova, IL would be a great spot. I will check the strips schedule out and see if there are any good target days or we may just make our own.

I am looking for input and recommendations on dates here. Let's see what can work for everyone interested. We can try for a weekend of it if everyone prefers. I can try and line up food/fun runs and possible hotel arrangements if there is enough interest.

Lets get this started, anyone?

Well, you can definitely count me in I need to put this 125rwhp and 99ft lbs to the test and see what I can do with street tires. As far as dates for the drag strip I can bring the kids so any weekend dates are ok for me. We had a great time at Sturgis with everyone, looking forward to the future gatherings. Roy

I'm always up for it as well. Maybe a Friday fun night will work out... I think there is one on the 27th of this month. I think I need to get a new fuel pump for my nitrous.... started leaking on a poker run this weekend.... need to look into that.

Jeff

I'd be up for it as long as I'm in town! Only a 30 minute ride from my home.

Since I am a complete chicken shit I will pass on the passes though...:biglaugh:

Pics of Jeff taken with my phone so poor!

Attachments

• IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0109.jpg
    IMG_0109.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 24
I'm always up for it as well. Maybe a Friday fun night will work out... I think there is one on the 27th of this month. I think I need to get a new fuel pump for my nitrous.... started leaking on a poker run this weekend.... need to look into that.

Jeff
I hope you get it fixed before this weekend! :confused2:

We need to talk too! I will try to call you tonight after my duties are completed...:biglaugh:

Bump.

Well, anyone still up for this or have official date requests?

Let's get something together for the calender.

I'm good to go. I'd like to get a few mods done and a tune, but any date will work weather it's done or not. I'll get the standard controls back on for this though.

I'll be out of pocket the weekend of the 1st second and 3rd of August and then the next weekend as well I believe.

Not that I have to go though. I would like to make a ride up to Poopy's if we go, for burgers...

590 Miles From Nashvegas :bang head: thats about 9 hours pulling a trailer.

Hmm gas lets see..... 4 bucks a gallon 20 MPG 30 gallons each way..... total of 60 gallons = $240.00 in fuel, lodging another 165.00 Almost 500.00 bucks and I havent eaten yet add in another 100.00 food and beer. 600.00
I may be able to sell my V-Boost and get that 500.00 :ummm:

Getting closer, Lousville? even thats a drive.. but hell its within 4 hours.

I know this is a little late notice, but I'm heading to Cordova today from 12:00 to 4:00pm to get a few passes in. $40 gets you in the races, $10 to watch. It is a private track day, so it should be good for quite a few passes. Give me a call if anyone else can make it 3I9-46I-8969

Jeff

Last edited:
Yeah not going to make today, but maybe we should get something going before we run out of summer? I'm going to call Floyd at Eddyville to see if my armored textile jacket will suffice instead of a leather jacket.

We should set up sometihng at Cedar Falls Raceway.

They allow Textile jackets.

They seem to be fairly liberal on rules.

Ive seen guys in tennis shoes. They dont require kill switches either.

There are a couple days Im looking at, they are both the Saturday Midnight Mania nights from 8pm-1am: I like night racing and it's cooler.

Saturday Aug 2nd
Saturday Sept 27th

Also going to Rockfalls Raceway Bike only day on Sunday Sept 14th. This is near Eau Claire, Wisconsin.

Back