Idle screw adjustment

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be in Round Rock in oct but I'll bet you'll have it fixed by then.

I have that same dremel tip too. My brass screw feels pretty stripped. I assume when you carved your new slot did you just arbitrarily go from north to south? Starting with the tip at the top and ending at the bottom.

Repeat rinse until you had a deep enough slot? I also assume you blew all the brass shavings and stuff out of the hole with carb cleaner before attempting to find purchase with your screw driver. I am tempted.

And ya I hope to have this issue resolved by October. Becareful in that Austin traffic man, those Mutha-----s don't know how to drive in Round Rock either ha ha.

Regards.

I have that same dremel tip too. My brass screw feels pretty stripped. I assume when you carved your new slot did you just arbitrarily go from north to south? Starting with the tip at the top and ending at the bottom.

Repeat rinse until you had a deep enough slot? I also assume you blew all the brass shavings and stuff out of the hole with carb cleaner before attempting to find purchase with your screw driver. I am tempted.

And ya I hope to have this issue resolved by October. Becareful in that Austin traffic man, those Mutha-----s don't know how to drive in Round Rock either ha ha.

Regards.
A jewelers headset with the light, q-tips with wd-40. Look inside the hole and go the same direction as what slot you have- you can go 1/2in deep.
I know Austin too well.

I had the same problem with the idle screws on my bike the two carbs on the right as you sit on it. From what I have been told water likes to go into those to and sit in there and screw things up good. So what I had to do was get a reverse drill bit the size of the carb body hole and drill down in there to get a nice divot in the center. Then take a small reverse drill bit and drill the adjuster screw out just enough to get a tap in and get the dang things out. Not easy but does work. The other thing you can do is find a motorcycle salvage and get you a used carb. Venture and Vmax carbs will work just swap everything over but be careful of the needle and seats. Some are the same some are not make sure if the carb differs from yours to use its needle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I had the same problem with the idle screws on my bike the two carbs on the right as you sit on it. From what I have been told water likes to go into those to and sit in there and screw things up good. So what I had to do was get a reverse drill bit the size of the carb body hole and drill down in there to get a nice divot in the center. Then take a small reverse drill bit and drill the adjuster screw out just enough to get a tap in and get the dang things out. Not easy but does work. The other thing you can do is find a motorcycle salvage and get you a used carb. Venture and Vmax carbs will work just swap everything over but be careful of the needle and seats. Some are the same some are not make sure if the carb differs from yours to use its needle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Not all Venture carbs will work some are 34mm.

We have used carb bodies at BRC Carb Shop, also drill & remove frozen mixture screws, chase threads with a bottom tap and have new mixture screw assemblies to replace the drilled out ones.

For more info click on the banner at the bottom of the page or send me a PM.

Back