VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adi.barda

Reaction score
Hello Guys,
I have an Ignition switch problem: After inserting the key and turning it right till the end I need to take it back slightly (1-2 mm) for it to turn the electric on.
I've been told to open the switch and rotate the inside to get fresh contacts.
Can anyone tell me or point me to some reference - how exactly to do it? Is it complicated?

Thanks

Adi Barda

Hello Guys,
I have an Ignition switch problem: After inserting the key and turning it right till the end I need to take it back slightly (1-2 mm) for it to turn the electric on.
I've been told to open the switch and rotate the inside to get fresh contacts.
Can anyone tell me or point me to some reference - how exactly to do it? Is it complicated?

Thanks

Adi Barda
I pm'd you with some info. It's not hard. There might be a thread on this here. Unplug it, take it out. Flip it over and you'll see 2 screws that hold it together. If you're ever stuck on the rode because of an ignition switch, all you need is to connect all the ign switch wires together (3)and home you go. I carry an old ignition plug all connected for an emergency.
Steve-o

It's a bit fiddly but straightforward:

Haynes tells you to do the following:

• Remove the RH scoop
  • Remove air filter housing (not sure from memory if this is necessary - no doubt others will comment.)
  • Remove the plastic shroud that goes over the radiator fillet neck assy.
  • Undo the three screw that secures the filler Nick assy to the frame (no need to drain the coolant). Only disconnect any of the connectors if they are tight.
  • Remove the ignition switch cover (make sure you don't loose the rubber gasket that fits between the trim and the frame).
  • Undo the two bolts that secure the switch
  • Disconnect the switch multi block, note the routing of the wiring.
I seem to recall that there are two screws that hod the electrical part of the switch to the body.

Yameringha sell the switch as an assembly and there are not any separate parts available.

Back