I'm a Harbor Freight addict

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
I should have never found this place.......lol
Just found another must have in my tool cabinet.

hf.jpg

Communist China owns a large part of us so we are supporting us..

toyota is the most american car there is

The 2010 Mazda 6 that my wife and I just bought was made in Flat Rock Michigan by union auto workers. Most of the 'domestic' cars that we looked at were either made in Canada or Mexico. Half the parts on that thing have FOMOCO stamped on them. I'm proud of my American made Jap car!

Harbor Freight does offer some very inexpensive tools, but when you buy those tools you are ultimately costing American jobs. American tool companies cannot compete with those rock bottom prices and they are forced to either close their doors or outsource their manufacturing to other countries.

Save your job, buy American! (I know, I'm a hypocrite since I ride a Yamaha)

The 2010 Mazda 6 that my wife and I just bought was made in Flat Rock Michigan by union auto workers. Most of the 'domestic' cars that we looked at were either made in Canada or Mexico. Half the parts on that thing have FOMOCO stamped on them. I'm proud of my American made Jap car!

Harbor Freight does offer some very inexpensive tools, but when you buy those tools you are ultimately costing American jobs. American tool companies cannot compete with those rock bottom prices and they are forced to either close their doors or outsource their manufacturing to other countries.

Save your job, buy American! (I know, I'm a hypocrite since I ride a Yamaha)

Who do you think works in those stores and in there online dept. if we didn't buy from them they wouldn't have jobs either so that agruement doesn't hold water.

I buy all Craftsman tools but I have found neat cool things at HF that Sears doesn't carry.

Who do you think works in those stores and in there online dept. if we didn't buy from them they wouldn't have jobs either so that agruement doesn't hold water.

I buy all Craftsman tools but I have found neat cool things at HF that Sears doesn't carry.

True, that HF offers jobs inside their stores, however I would be shocked if the average person there made more than $10 hour. That $10 cashier job hardly replaces the $15-20 hr manufacturing and $25+ hr engineer positions that are eliminated when an American manufacturing company moves their production overseas.

I am not w/o blame. I have purchased tools and parts from Harbor Freight before, but most of my tool purchases are American made tools from Sears.
At the rate we are going we will ALL be working at Wal-mart in 20 years, as that will be the only company with jobs.

True, that HF offers jobs inside their stores, however I would be shocked if the average person there made more than $10 hour. That $10 cashier job hardly replaces the $15-20 hr manufacturing and $25+ hr engineer positions that are eliminated when an American manufacturing company moves their production overseas.

At the rate we are going we will ALL be working at Wal-mart in 20 years, as that will be the only company with jobs.

If you boycott anything made in China or any other country you would have a hard time buying a lot of things.

I get your point but if you really think about it if you boycott HF you could be causing americas jobs.....Hey I buy american when possible but Hf has some cool items that can't be found in other places.

The good thing is we all have the freedom to chose where we buy anything.

I know that when possible I buy anything for my bike from Sean if he carrys it and that is because he and many others help a lot of us on here. Sean has helped me personally a lot when I first started on this forum.

So I am loyal also.... I understand your view I just don't agree with it.

Cheers

Ron

:punk: Hey, keep buying that Harbor Freight Junk. If you don't die from the Lead Paint, you will have broken knuckles or damaged body parts when those tools fail. That good price will be long forgotten when you can't work or are crippled from trying to use that China Junk. I can't believe anybody buys tools from those places, they have and won't ever get a dollar of my money. Like it was said above,. save your job, BUY AMERICAN. Go figure, Spurs

Yeah I know those rubber covers will kill me :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200: :rofl_200:

I realize it is impossible to not buy something made in China, but I go out of my way and will pay more for American made products. That being said, it is different buying a Japanese product, like a car or a motorcycle. Japan is a Democratic nation, China is NOT. If I cannot find something made in the USA, I will at least make sure (if I can) that I purchase items made in countries that are Democratic.

Choice is a wonderful thing isn't it??
I buy Craftsman for every tool I buy with a few minor exceptions. Some say Craftsman are a bad choice you should get Mac or Snap On... can't please everyone all the time. I think I will stick with Craftsman and from time to time if I see something that can't be bought at Sears I will take my chances with HF.

Ron

A lot of Craftsman stuff is being made, guess where, China. I can't afford Snap on or Mac and i don't buy anything that will get a lot of stress from HF, I get cheap, going to use one time stuff for the most part, although i like the paint guns they sell and since everyone one else's are made in China or Europe (and stupid expensive) it doesn't really matter. I used to be gung ho buy American, it's a losing battle. I still won't buy any thing other than a GM, FOMOCO or Mopar auto thou.

:punk: Hey, keep buying that Harbor Freight Junk. If you don't die from the Lead Paint, you will have broken knuckles or damaged body parts when those tools fail. That good price will be long forgotten when you can't work or are crippled from trying to use that China Junk. I can't believe anybody buys tools from those places, they have and won't ever get a dollar of my money. Like it was said above,. save your job, BUY AMERICAN. Go figure, Spurs

Amen

Depends on what your buying. Buy the jack stand from HF but not the jack unless you want to buy another..

So what if the good one costs twice as much. You will never need to replace it. maybe..

Back