Im a sissy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiny or Black?

• Shiny

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Black

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

diggerzmound

Reaction score
Just got this put on to alleviate the wifes fears of riding the taillight, I am playing with the possibility of getting it PC'd black.

What do you guys think? Leave it shiny or Powdercoat it black?

Attachments

• 100_3130 (Small).jpg
    100_3130 (Small).jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 96
I'm on the fence with you, diggerz.
Try taking a few more pictures of it at different angles, and then photoshop them black. Then look at the pictures side by side.
Maybe that will help you decide.

Just got this put on to alleviate the wifes fears of riding the taillight, I am playing with the possibility of getting it PC'd black.

What do you guys think? Leave it shiny or Powdercoat it black?

Yeah... Black for sure... Flat black in PC actually matches pretty well. Almost graphite looking...:thumbs up:

I really don't like the sissy bar black or chrome, in fact I wouldn't have the damm thing at all. I know your wife would feel better with it on. I told my wife if she wants one of those bars she'd be better off riding her own bike because its not going on mine....I was just joking, but she took be seriously and said if she holds on too tight its not her fault. Sure honey no problem. If I was to put one on, I would mod it to half the height and go with chrome/polished. ( with your bike ) I think black goes better.

Actually I took another look, either or would look good.

I use it for my Tourmaster bag. It's really nice for those long trips.

Mark

Ya I guess it beats a knapsack on your back ! Long trip...hummm never been on one of those yet. :bang head:

Ya I intend on using it for my backpack as well, looks sometimes take the curb for function. I like the idea of making it shorter but don't know if my pack would fit then.

I am not very good with photoshop or i would mess with the pictures. When I tried to turn just the shiny part blakc, my whole picture went black...

Thanks for your input guys!

I like 'em shiny.

I hate the way it changes the lines of the bike so I change mine back and forth frequently to the stock grabrail. If you relocate the signals and resupport the fender off the frame instead of the grabrail/sissybar it can be changed back and forth in a snap.

Rusty

Re: Im a sissy SHAWN

Shawn

Was'nt paying attention to this until now. I'm going on a long trip to Laconia so i may need this for luggage support. What exactly is the source/brand for this?

Tom

Tom,Are you looking for one like mine? I'm sending you my cell number.

Mine is from Rice Paddy in Ohio.Uses the stock grab bar.You have to call them though,they are not shown on the website for some reason.

Do you have a pic somewhere? For this I'm looking for functionability and easy of removal since I'll only be using it for long trips.

That's the one I have but mine doesn't have the rack behind it.I paid $190 about 6 or 7 years ago.

I'll bet the rack is not included for that price.

Back