Insurance

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry barker

Reaction score
I have had progressive insurance for the last couple of years and recently found out that there CEO Peter Lewis is anti american:damn angry:. I have been trying to find a new insurance co that can at least get close to current premiums on my vmax and boat. Markel has come through, and from what i can find the CEO appears to be pro American:punk:

http://markelinsuresfun.com/motorcycle-insurance

I just found that out also and dropped my car insurance with them ended up saving a lot of coin also, bike insurance is due, I won't be renewing with them.

Just wondering what type of prices are people paying for insurance for there Max..I my self around $143.00 a year full coverage...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I use Foremost for the bikes. I thought they were screwing me on the new FZ-8 AT $381.00. I requested a quote from Progressive
and it came back at twice that. With a recommendation I take the $1,500.00 option... :rofl_200:I'm still laughing.... Called Foremost back
and added the FZ.. 4 bikes are costing me $700.00 a year through Foremost... 100,000-300,000, 50,000. 250 deductible no
additional medical on me. I have VA and private sector insurance..

Screw Progressive......:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I reduced my coverage to the bare minimum since my bike has been sitting in pieces for about a year now. I have progressive and its $75/year.

When I get it back on the road I'm going with full coverage again and was thinking of trying out American Modern. I was quoted $340/year for full coverage, $3,500 in accessory coverage, 250,000/500,000 for bodily injury/uninsured/underinsured.

I am with Progressive for now. $675 per year for full coverage on my 07 Max. 07 VTX1300, and an 08 Goldwing. As unamerican as he is, I can't afford to move until I find someone cheaper, and so far, I haven't. I will look again when my term is up.

Darn..why are the prices all over the place! I have progressive ins. through a broker and full coverage is only $143.00 a year? That's for
100,000-300,000, 50,000. 50 deductible with 250.000 medical ..on a 99 VMAX

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I have had progressive insurance for the last couple of years and recently found out that there CEO Peter Lewis is anti american:damn angry:. I have been trying to find a new insurance co that can at least get close to current premiums on my vmax and boat. Markel has come through, and from what i can find the CEO appears to be pro American:punk:

http://markelinsuresfun.com/motorcycle-insurance
I knew about Peter Lewis for years Barry.He's another George Soros,both have a Marxist mentality.And that girl "Flow" on Peter's commercials make's me sick:puke:

Commerce is the cheapest, in Massachusetts anyway. Progressive just started selling in Mass. Their deals are the best here. They even have an assesory package included for up to 3k in custom parts, that can also be raised, for a price of course.
I want more than a check for $1850 for my 89 if it wrecks. At least enough to replace the way my bike sits now. Road side pick up included.
I realize other states pay more for the same coverage, which baffles me. I paid double in RI.
It can't be worse than NY city. There's an accident everytimre you go out. Maybe the Kennedy's have something to do with this?
Steve-o

I am with Progressive for now. $675 per year for full coverage on my 07 Max. 07 VTX1300, and an 08 Goldwing. As unamerican as he is, I can't afford to move until I find someone cheaper, and so far, I haven't. I will look again when my term is up.
Try Commerse Bro, you may need to join AAA to get a better deal, They pick up your car if your stuck too. AAA is cheap to join and tow motorcycles in some states I believe.
Steve-o

I used to do auto body work and get paid by insurance companies.Had more trouble out of state farm than any other.We used to have them.My wife got side swiped.Called them they told us to get 3est.Turned them in,A week and a half later they called said there adjuster would be at a bodyshop 15 miles across town writing checks after he asseses the damage.too much bullsh!t!!Driveing a wrecked up car all over he!! and half of georgia.I repaired one for them or one of there customers.Looked like it was drove through a thicket.There appraser came out looked at it said the work was fine thld me to call a number and i would get paid.Called the number they said they have to recive adjusters report.Call back in a week.Customer called ask if car was ready,I let the guy have his car.Contacted state farm,They said they could not pay me what i charged,That i had performed a betterment.My price was in the same range of the other shops the guy had taken it to.They sent me a check for 350.I turned them in to the insurance comission.A month later i recived an add 450.The bill was a lil under a 1000.cheaper is not always better.Now with farm bureau.Wifes windshield got broke following a dump truck they replaced it.House got flooded they wrote a check.Tree fell on the house they wrote a check we got it fixed.NO BS,No wating for this or that,And for us cheaper than state farm!

If any of you have been in the service, USAA is the best insurance and banking system BAR NONE. Unfortunately they only have motorcycle insurance in I believe 4 states. Progressive handles all of their customers. Even if the CEO is a dickhead, I guarantee you if Progressive ever tried to screw me over, USAA would jump all over their asses. They have done nothing but make me happy in every instance.

Allstate, $107 for:

• Bodily Injury: $100,000/person, $300,000/occurrence
  • Property Damage: $50,000/occurrence
  • Motorcycle Collision Insurance, Actual Cash Value,$250 deductible
  • Motorcycle Comprehensive Insurance, Actual Cash Value, $250 deductible
  • Optional or Added Equipment: $1,000
  • Towing and Labor Costs: $100
  • Additional Coverage
    • Motorcycle Death Indemnity: $15,000
    • Motorcycle Disability Income: $100/wk
  • Discounts
    • Multiple Policy, Home Ownership, Organization, Good Rider, Recovery Device

Allstate, $107 for:

• Bodily Injury:
    • $100,000/person
    • $300,000/occurrence
  • Property Damage
    • $50,000/occurrence
  • Motorcycle Collision Insurance
    • Actual Cash Value
    • $250 deductible
  • Motorcycle Comprehensive Insurance
    • Actual Cash Value
    • $250 deductible
  • Optional or Added Equipment
    • $1,000
  • Towing and Labor Costs
    • $100
  • Motorcycle Death Indemnity
    • $15,000
  • Motorcycle Disability Income
    • $100 per week
Wow!! is that for the year? My allstate policy is similer & I pay $250 bucks a year.Probley cause I'm in So.Cal.:bang head:

Wow!! is that for the year? My allstate policy is similer & I pay $250 bucks a year.Probley cause I'm in So.Cal.

yes per year. just paid it today. i should add that they knock off $10 more for "full payment". thinking of saving $25 by getting rid of the "additional", but it was something the wife wants.

yes per year. just paid it today. i should add that they knock off $10 more for "full payment". thinking of saving $25 by getting rid of the "additional", but it was something the wife wants.
I never gave it much thought about how much insurance coast's in other states.California is a rip off:damn angry:

talk to your agent. from what i've come to learn, is that agents will get away with whatever they can get out of you. i rode with a college buddy a few months ago who had just gotten his first bike, a ducati. talk about getting ripped off, he had a $97/month policy with one of the leading brands--i forget which. i ain't shittiin ya. after telling him what i paid, he quickly confronted his agent. last i heard, they "reassessed the terms" or something and my buddy now pays something like $130/yr.

Back