Interesting facts concerning the last Presidential election

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry I'm late; out of town on a ride. OK, class is back in session. Your words in yellow, my rebuttal in red.

Now, Blurr, that's much better. I mean, if you are going to contribute your Opinion to a thread, you might as well take the time to write a little more than an incorrect 1 liner. Honestly, I'm completely baffled how you can deny the financial aspect motivating the revolution. Every American elementary child is taught the import and meaning behind the refrain, "No taxation without representation". It isn't like the colonist where OK with the level of the taxes but really really ticked off about not being asked first. It was the vary reason that sparked the agitation. Why would the Founding Fathers believe the rule of a King was unjust but that they disliked His policies? All the '...long stream of abuses...' cataloged in the Declaration of Independence streams from them not wanting to pay the exorbitant taxes. The Declaration of Independence it self makes it clear that the institution of Monarchy isn't what ticked them off so much as the reign "...of the present King of Great Britain..." In direct response they devised a better form of government. Believe me, I'm grateful for it. But it all stems from money issues. Sorry if that upsets you.

In regards to the Jewish God... I am Jewish. I was raised in Israel. Surprised? No, should I be? Does it matter? I fouht in the Israeli military. In fact, my unit was responsible for the training of the Marines, Rangers, and Green Barets after 9/11.I think you for your help. I trust you where paid for your service. Or your former employer was at any rate. When this country was attacked by monsters who want so desperately to destroy what your idle fought to protect. What? I wasn't aware the idle fought. I wasn't aware that the idle did anything, That's why they are called idle...

Slavery? My ancestors were slaves Long before Africans ever sold their own people to slave ships.Relevance?

George Washington Poor? WhAt happened to " founded by land rich, cash strapped men"???Ya, sorry, bit of tricky word play I know. For future reference cash strapped and poor are the same thing. My ancestors wandered 40 years through the desert, without anyone to borrow money from.Wow, just ... wow! You are going to claim that huh? That's amazing. You might be surprised to find out that I am a major backer in a strong Israel. I believe it is in the interest of America and I believe as a christian that it is the right thing to do. Even so I can't believe you are going to go there. but you did so I guess I will follow you. Why are they in the desert? Oh ya, they couldn't be bothered to reach out their hands and claim the promise they where given. In response GOD sent them out to wonder in a circle until all the Jews who complained to die (complaining being a fairly common documented historical happenstance for them). But really, why the hell are you so concerned about them needing a loan? According to what I've read in your Holy Books They had a cloud to shelter and lead them by day and a pillar of fire to warm and lead them at night. Their food was delivered to their door steps every day. Even "...Your clothes did not wear out and your feet did not swell..." I say again, why would they need a loan? What did they need to buy?

As far as Rush/ Glenn/ Hannity goes... You must have missed Glen's message:

Don't walk around demeaning our fore fathers and disrespecting the people who died fighting to protect your freedoms. Without them you would not be here today. And if you can't respect that, than yes, go to Cuba. Personally, I would rather go to Hell. He's also pretty strong about doing his research before he opens his mouth. Look into it. I say again, it is not disrespectful to acknowledge the fallibly of the Fore Fathers. It makes their accomplishments all the more amazing. You seem to think that it diminishes them instead and therefor refuse to acknowledge their humanity. Oh well.

I must say though, you have a beautiful vocabulary. Unfortunately, big words don't make you smarter. Like Glenn always says; you can put a pipe in your mouth and elbow patches on your jacket all you want professor.LOL ya, He's great isn't He?

It's how you live your life and treat your neighbors. This I am in complete agreement with.

And it's just sad how you attempt to compare welcoming in the holocaust survivors with open arms, to trying to protect our children from drug smugglers and terrorists.I've re-read your post several times. When did you add the Holocaust Survivors? Neat trick. There is a path to citizenship. Come here Leagally. Yep, I agree on this too. I happen to believe we should have border guards who shoot instead of talk; walls made out of something more substantial then the words of our politicians. It is the hypocritical nature of many of the people I hear shouting for a strong defense and then in the next breath claiming that America should take all the 'refugees' that I find maddening. WE CANT ABSORB THEM ALL. Color me a realist. Take care of your family, then your friends.

Don't claim in the same breath that there should be no borders, but this used to be MY land.Don't write in incomplete sentences and expect us to have any idea what you are talking about.

Yes Blurr, maybe you should have realized that you Chose the wrong words(Breaking up your run-on sentence for clarity) I assure you, nothing I've said had been a retraction of what I've previously stated; if it seemed that way to you, then you where wrong. to describe the men that fought so you could stand here today, a free man, free to express your beliefs, even if they are a bit twisted and bi-polar. " :bang head: "

But who am I to say anything... I'm just a Junior member. :)
Herein you attempt to suggest your standing within a forum is the reason your words would be disputed. LOL that has nothing to do with it and you know it. You're just not able to admit your truth is only part of the story.

Ok Josh, I'm really done. Really. While I'm willing to go another round with you, we should probably do it via PM.:punk:

You are awesome Blurr!!

Thank you for entertaining my insanity. I have not had a good debate in a long time. You are a very intelligent person and I really enjoy writing back and forth with you. It seems we agree on a lot of basic fundamental ideas and that you are proud to be an American.

And we both did it without blaming Bush :)

It's a pity you don't live closer. I would really like to get to know you better. There are very few people in this world willing to stand up for what they believe in. Even fewer, know what it is that they truly believe in. I have seen the devil in the eyes of many men and have been made aware that not every vessel of flesh carries a soul within.

Thank you for taking the time to write something so powerful. And thank you for reminding us what the true meaning of respect is.

Josh

You are awesome Blurr!!

Thank you for entertaining my insanity. I have not had a good debate in a long time. You are a very intelligent person and I really enjoy writing back and forth with you. It seems we agree on a lot of basic fundamental ideas and that you are proud to be an American.

And we both did it without blaming Bush :)

It's a pity you don't live closer. I would really like to get to know you better. There are very few people in this world willing to stand up for what they believe in. Even fewer, know what it is that they truly believe in. I have seen the devil in the eyes of many men and have been made aware that not every vessel of flesh carries a soul within.

Thank you for taking the time to write something so powerful. And thank you for reminding us what the true meaning of respect is.

Josh

There's a good piece of information to retain!! :punk:

Latest posts

Back