Is T-boost worth it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkeye

Reaction score
I'm thinking about installing the t-boost kit that starts opening at 3000RPM with the option of the original 6000RPM opening or totally off configurations. Is it worth it or a waste of time? Thanks for the feedback.
-Or would it be better to do the COPs mod?

Last edited:
I think you will find that it comes down to personal preference - if possible try to ride a bike with it on to see if it suits.

I had ? Boost on mine when I bought it and whilst I have run with occasionally I prefer to leave it with V Boost kicking in @ 6K.
You get a much bigger rush than when it opens at 3K which I prefer.

Some say their bikes performs better with the 3K opening, but I suspect as in all things carburettor, if you gain in one place you will loose out somewhere else.

I agree it feels different but better.......?

I have Tboost currently installed on my bike and can say that I like how it works. To get the most benefit, you need to adjust/rejet the carbs for the extra fuel coming in at 3000rpms, which is before the needle jet starts to move at 4000rpms. If you don't make any adjustments, you will have a rich condition at the 3-4000 or so rpm range.

Mike

I like the option to set it to come on at 3000 rpm esp. when riding two up gives more tourqe to pull away

T-Boost is fun. If you build your own it only costs a few dollars (see Vmaxoutlaw). Even if you decide you don't like it, you're only out a few bucks. I installed one & play with it on occasion. Good/fun/cheap mod IMHO.

Everybody has to make their own decision. I bought one and installed it. Played with it for a while. I put the bike on a dyno, ran with it stock and also coming on at 3K. Not much difference. I eventually removed it and just left the switch installed. I interrupe the ground circut to shut it off. I can run with it full on, stock or off. better gas mileage at high speed crusing or a lumpy idle to impress but it goes best stock. Just my experince.
Dave #3505

Yeah I kind of figured it'd run best stock. I think I'll try and get the cooling system a bit more under control first. Thanks guys!

Back