iso grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zombie6513

Reaction score
i replaced grips with universal iso grips now the throttle sticks may be screwed on fixing this any ideas.........

i replaced grips with universal iso grips now the throttle sticks may be screwed on fixing this any ideas.........

I installed these on a buddies Vmax a couple weeks ago without any issues... Not sure where you went wrong except to say that you may want to make sure the end cap isn't hitting the bar keeping the throttle tube from moving smoothly.

I installed these on a buddies Vmax a couple weeks ago without any issues... Not sure where you went wrong except to say that you may want to make sure the end cap isn't hitting the bar keeping the throttle tube from moving smoothly.

its not the end cap i guess i'll live with sticking throttle i don't see that grip coming back off thanks anyway

its not the end cap i guess i'll live with sticking throttle i don't see that grip coming back off thanks anyway

If you glued your grips on you may have got some glue under or on the end of the throttle tube. This causes it to be stiff, stick or not return properly. You have to remove the grip to fix this problem. Don't ask me how I know.... :whistlin:

If you glued your grips on you may have got some glue under or on the end of the throttle tube. This causes it to be stiff, stick or not return properly. You have to remove the grip to fix this problem. Don't ask me how I know.... :whistlin:
it sounds like you know from experience but it looks like its going to be tough releasing that glue i hope it comes off........

I didn't find it neccesary to use glue on the throttle side... They will be impossible to get off with the glue on there.

Barber pole the throttle sleeve with electrical tape to ensure tight fit.

Mark

I had the issue when I put the drag bars on the bike. I had to loosen up the throttle control, with the kill switch in it, and make sure it's square and not binding. Get it to where it's free, and tighten it down evenly, you set.

I just put new grips on and when I bought them, the dealer talked me into a $1.99 tube of Grip Glue. I've always been a hair spray guy. Anyways, I then decided to change the handle bars. Compressed air. Pops the glue loose and the grips came right off. Just use a compressor, not canned air.

Back