I've only ever seen one other Max in town...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakRatFink

Reaction score
A Gen 2 that prior to today I had only seen in the bed of a pickup. I went to a car show at the fair grounds today and parked next to it. I didn't happen to run into the rider at all and he left before me.

I see Max's all the time down here. By the time I get turned around, they're gone... I can understand why they're scarce in Minot....

Before I bought mine I had seen one Gen 1 around. As far as I know it was mine before it was mine. :)
Dual Sports are real common up here. ( there is even one in my garage now ).
Also with the base there is your fair share of late model sport bikes and there are plenty of HDs out on the prairie, too.
I don't see as many stretched and blinged out sportbikes as I did in the "durty South", though.

We have 10's of thousands of those Crotch Rockets here... Not so many dual purpose bikes any more... Zillions of NewBee's on Scooters...:biglaugh:

funny. I live in a town of 3759 souls and we got three gen 1s. The other two are for sale. I fight the good fight, but I seem to slip closer and closer to buying one each week it seems.

Apart from brownie run, I have seen a grand total of three other Vmax's, ever. One I spotted parked at Americade(chatted with the owner a bit), and the other two I saw out on the streets and just got a glimpse.

I'd be interesting to see "biker demographics" for the country.....what types of bikes are most popular where. I swear around here it is nothing but Hardlys baggers...they're EVERYWHERE. I'd guess it's 50% HD bagger to 50% "everything else".

Canadians rarely ever seem to ride HDs though....near the border I see Quebec bikes all the time and HDs are definitely in the minority there....all the cruisers are metric. I suppose HD's big selling point is the "America, fuck yea" uber-patriotic image they project, which doesn't work on Canadians apparently, they're too smart for that I guess.

7 gen 1's and one gen 2 are here in my town.
I know 5 of the owners, yet I only have seen 3 of them on the road (including mine).

I see them quite frequently here in the Salt lake area. I was riding around on my 86 last year and had some old guy come up to me in a parking lot.. He was the original owner of the bike and gave me the old service manual he had sitting in his garage ( couple things that are specific to this 86 that would make it easy to identify ). Small world we live in.

I think I'm the only one left on the Cape. The only other one listed by the VMOA is at a shop for sale, been there all summer,and Dave T moved . But, there are a few of us in Southeast MA. Most of us know each other too. Big mix in summer here, Hd and Metric. One state over in RI, it's Harley country. In the east bay(RI) it's all Harley.A lot of them like my Max though. I'll let them sit on it, but no key...lol. I know what their thinking-holeshot!
Steve-o

I have seen a couple of Gen 1's on the hwy in Hot Springs, AR with no way of catching them. Hopefully they will post up. I have some of the best roads in the country and no riding buddies. Enjoy the day!!

I've only seen 3 Gen I's here in Toledo, OH. One was quite a few years ago, another works at a garage down the street from me, and the other one was leaving a gas station but I couldn't turn around fast enough. There are a few crotch rockets, but 95% of the bikes around here are all Harleys. It's surprising too, that in a city of almost half a million there is only one metric dealer too.

I have seen a couple of Gen 1's on the hwy in Hot Springs, AR with no way of catching them. Hopefully thewill post up. I have some of the best roads in the country and no riding buddies. Enjoy the day!!
I promised myself I'd meet as many of you this seson as I could. What I had to do? Chase them down and talk to them, pm them, go to functions. Swap phone numbers. Plan rides. It's well worth the effort. I've met great people and found Vmax's closer than I thought. Get on your bike and meet people that are far away 1/2 way. Nothing like riding with another VMAX to
really see how your bike runs. Vmax people never run out of things to talk about....lol
Steve-o

Nothing like riding with another VMAX to
really see how your bike runs.
Steve-o

Yeah...it was quite a change of pace when at BR last year when I floored it, I didn't instantly dust everything around me.....lol....and I'm sure many of the bikes there were faster than mine. Excluding crotch rockets in the top end, pretty much only another Vmax can keep up with one.

.. I swear around here it is nothing but Hardlys baggers...they're EVERYWHERE. I'd guess it's 50% HD bagger to 50% "everything else".
That ought to tell you something, huh?

.. Canadians rarely ever seem to ride HDs though....near the border I see Quebec bikes all the time and HDs are definitely in the minority there....all the cruisers are metric. I suppose HD's big selling point is the "America, fuck yea" uber-patriotic image they project, which doesn't work on Canadians apparently, they're too smart for that I guess.
Or maybe Canadians aren't "uber-patriotic" Americans.

Or maybe Canadians aren't "uber-patriotic" Americans.

Exactly my point. The "if you don't ride a HD you're un-american" image doesn't work when nobody is an american. So nobody buys them. Pretty simple.

Wonder if they have huge tariffs that make the HD's even more expensive in Canada? :confused2:

Wonder if they have huge tariffs that make the HD's even more expensive in Canada? :confused2:
yes, they do, and only one source of HD's and parts. Go to HDforums.com (178,000 members)and see how many thousands of Canadians own Harleys, even RaWarrior might be surprised.

Latest posts

Back