jet change for suzuki ls650 help please?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Havnt been around for a while. Hey dudes!

My friend has a 2006 suzuki ls650 boulevard and put a jardine aftermarket slipon exhaust on it. Now the bike runs way lean, and backfires a lot. He had to tear the engine down to replace some gaskets and noticed the exhaust valves were white from running lean, but still in good condition. Spark plug indicates lean condition too. Would one of you carb guru's help us find the right jet kit to buy to get this thing runnning optimal? Im sure well have to tinker but give us a general idea/reasoning behind it. Thanks a lot!

Heya Clintard, nice to hear from you again. :punk:
You may want to provide some more information as to the current set up. Did it run good in stock form before the exhaust mods? What type of carb? Any other mods that may have affected the tune?

Sorry for the lack of info, i will see what i can dig up on this bike. I know its a 1 cylinder 650cc thumper, with 1 carb. Carb is completely stock, and the bike ran perfect before he put the slipon exhaust on it. Ill see if i can find stock numbers etc for you carb guys! carbs arent my thing, i dont know much about them at all. I just yell MARK!!!!

FWIW - I had the same prob with a Honda Shadow - I just shimmed the needle .040" & richened up the pilot screw & it ran great - no jet kit.

I just yell MARK!!!!

Hey Clintard, good to hear from ya!! For some reason, your 5:58pm post last night never showed up on my computer till this morning.:ummm:

I don't know carbs either but I don't think you want to yell "Mark" with that deer head on.....yer calling in the range finders.....and you don't want THAT!!:bang head::rofl_200:

help? Maleko? Nobody like me anymore?

Hard to say since I'm unfamiliar with the bike and carb. I would take it to a dyno with a sniffer so you know exactly where you're at. Then, tune main, needle, pilot circuit from that.

Latest posts

Back