jetting for Marks 4-2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavgrab302

Reaction score
Ordered the 4-2 Marks today. Anyone on here have a good starting point on jetting , needle pos., mixture @ sea level, etc......with the exhaust?
I also drilled my slides, so anyone with similar setup I'd appriciate your input.

Can't tell you about the drilled slides, but I followed dannymax's settings at: mixture screws out 3&1/4; .038 shims under stock needles; check and set the floats if out of spec. These settings made mine run great with Marks. Do a search here....lots of good info.

Mark normally recommends stock jets, shim the needles .040" and open the A/F mixture screws 1/8 to 1/4 turn from stock.

I think if you have your slides drilled, you are going to have to do some playing around unless you do something like JB Weld the holes and redrill to the stock size.

Do you know what the stock hole size is, usually I mic those sorts of things before changing it forever but for some reason I followed the instructions...lol...everything back to stock besides the drilled slides my mixture screw are out LF 5,LR 4,RF 6, RR 4. before I even drilled holes in the cobras I had to run it rich for what ever reason.

Latest posts

Back