- Jon Cornell Has Died -

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*** UPDATE ***

UFO would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of support during this time of loss. On July 9th 2013 owner and founder of UFO Performance Products, Jon Cornell, passed away. Jon was a very determined individual who had a passion, near obsession, with motorcycles. The only thing he was more passionate about or loved more than motorcycles or drag racing was his family. His passion for life, family, and performance products will live on at UFO.

Mike Lees, shop manager, fabricator, welder, builder, and jack of all trades will be stepping up to the challenge of continuing Jon’s legacy. Mike has known Jon for 20 years and had worked in the shop off and on during that time. He has worked full time with Jon for the past 6 years. Mike will continue the day to day operations at UFO.

UFO looks forward to serving the Vmax community for many years to come. Thanks to each and every one of you for your support over the years.

If you would like to make a donation to the American Cancer Society in Jon’s memory, http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=fund&fr_id=9910&pxfid=1450397

*** UPDATE ***

UFO would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of support during this time of loss. On July 9th 2013 owner and founder of UFO Performance Products, Jon Cornell, passed away. Jon was a very determined individual who had a passion, near obsession, with motorcycles. The only thing he was more passionate about or loved more than motorcycles or drag racing was his family. His passion for life, family, and performance products will live on at UFO.

Mike Lees, shop manager, fabricator, welder, builder, and jack of all trades will be stepping up to the challenge of continuing Jon’s legacy. Mike has known Jon for 20 years and had worked in the shop off and on during that time. He has worked full time with Jon for the past 6 years. Mike will continue the day to day operations at UFO.

UFO looks forward to serving the Vmax community for many years to come. Thanks to each and every one of you for your support over the years.

If you would like to make a donation to the American Cancer Society in Jon’s memory, http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=fund&fr_id=9910&pxfid=1450397

Great news. Very glad all his hard work will be continued in a new chapter.

+1 Rusty, Vendors for the Vmax are not many, the UFO products have always been nice so it's good to see that they will be move forward with Jon's work.

Yes, this is great news....it would be a real shame to see his business get canabalized off into oblivion, as so many do in situations like this!

Jon treated me well, he patiently answered questions, and I have multiple parts from him. I am glad to hear UFO will continue. I hope the family and the new manager are able to find a happy medium, and that development of products continues.

great guy! spent plenty of time on the phone when i was ordering parts for my GEN 2 and very helpful and like others have said WE LOST A BIG PART OF THE VMAX CREW.

R.I.P. JON

hope he's riding his vmax up with the Lord . and hopefully hes watching down on all of us.

It was always a pleasure dealing with Jon. His Slashcuts still put a smile on my face and now deaf ears...We had a great conversation last time we spoke.. RIP Jon Cornell the world is a little slower without you.. My best to all his family and friends..

Lee Ross
VMOA
KarmaKatt

I got a LinkedIn invite from 'Jon Cornell' last week. Maybe they are trying to stay in-touch w/the customers?

I got the same LinkedIn invite also. Was wondering the same thing, but I'm not sure how that works. Does anyone know if its just a random computer generated thing or is their some link as to say someone close to Jon sends them out. It was a little odd especially since apparently others are getting the same invite.

Supposedly the guy I got my max from (he put 420 miles on it lol) had bought it from Jon Cornell.

I am late finding out about this sad news. But those who also consider Jon a friend may enjoy this story. I am fortunate to own two of Jon's motorcycles. My prize posession being his personal 1987 HD FXSTC he called "The Redhead".

In 2003 I flew to Cleveland to look at the freshly completed bike at his old shop on Brea. This thing knocked me out. 37 degree rake, 2" out 0" up, slammed, and of course drag bars over a 9 stage Brandy Wine candy.

And if you knew Jon, he didn't really sell his products they sold themselves with power and coolness. He pulled it out of the shop and lit it up, the ass was sideways laying down a black 30 foot patch that I had NEVER seen a Harley create before. I'm thinking this guy is one radical racer, that's some seroius skill on wiggley 700lb HOG. And he turned around and pulled back in the driveway and said...
"Holy Shit what if I would have wrecked it"

That's how Jon sold his bikes.

Rest in Peace my Friend.

I was talking with Jon a month before he passed , I bought a Vmax that was set up and dynoed at his shop , bike had a lot of his parts on my machine from the previous owner .
Jon knew the bike and all the work he did to the machine , he was happy a new owner contacted him info even though I was not buying anything at that time .
As I said I was talking to him on the phone and ordered a rear custom swing arm from him , I was not aware he pasted , but there was a delay in receiving the arm , most liklly that was why ... There comany finaly sent it out and it looked perfect .
I can say it was a pleasure talking to Jon ...

Back