just replaced the steering bearings...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbfrommn

Reaction score
The worse part was getting the races in and out. Inserting the bottom race was the big pain because of the way it sits. We improvised a tool for that one, a three d-cell mag light that was already broken. Worked perfectly. :)

The worse part was getting the races in and out. Inserting the bottom race was the big pain because of the way it sits. We improvised a tool for that one, a three d-cell mag light that was already broken. Worked perfectly. :)

How do you know when to replace them?
My bike is 97 with less then 20000km on it with original front suspension, but every time I go over the curb those bearing get a good knock. I'm waiting for my racetech front springs to fix that, but bearing are my concern, should I be?

Vitek

Vitek,

Put the bike on the center stand, use a jack to get the front wheel off the ground, slowly turn the bars. If you feel a grinding or a rough feel to the bearings, replace. Otherwise just keep checking them yearly and go from there. Had to replace mine this year on my 97 after 70k km.

Vitek,

Put the bike on the center stand, use a jack to get the front wheel off the ground, slowly turn the bars. If you feel a grinding or a rough feel to the bearings, replace. Otherwise just keep checking them yearly and go from there. Had to replace mine this year on my 97 after 70k km.

Going to check that right now :) Thx !!!

Latest posts

Back