K&N filter $55 shipped...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered one for my 05' which I just bought from a dealer. The former owner was a Vmaxer, steel braded lines, drag bars w/Kuriakin grips, UFO 4-2 w/stage 1 jet kit. Opened the Air box cover to find a stock filter. And thats fine and it was spotless but I like being able to clean my filter, oil it, and put it back in. THANKS gam, that's what I love about this sight!

My bike is currently running four K&Ns one on each carb. I wonder if anyone has ever compared that setup to a swiss cheesed box with a K&N. I know in some cars the stock box makes better power than a CAI. Could work the same on the bike too.

My bike is currently running four K&Ns one on each carb. I wonder if anyone has ever compared that setup to a swiss cheesed box with a K&N. I know in some cars the stock box makes better power than a CAI. Could work the same on the bike too.

CAI's do noting on a car, nothin, zip zero, nill, nada, nothing.
Thts a good deal on one thou

33% off: KNOFF33

good 'til end of day 2/5

CAI's do noting on a car, nothin, zip zero, nill, nada, nothing.
Thts a good deal on one thou

NOT 100% TRUE!

With certain cars this is true. Subaru Legacy GT for instance. Will not pickup any HP but a lot of cars DO pickup horsepower.

The big thing is making sure it gets cold air and doesn't suck it from the engine compartment. Another great addition is a IAT sensor relocation. If you get it out of the MAF which can become heat soaked you're HP ahead... A tune makes it even better.

Chris

As far as an air box mod... Seans system is great. I like that there's not 4 filters to clean and oil and it keeps the stock box but modifies the lid to accept a large pleated K&N.

I am sure I can get the stock drop in K&N and probably for a better price then most about any time.

Sean

Latest posts

Back