VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my wife wanted to know what the hell I was doing giving away Vmax parts to Forum members. I told her it was good for the Karma account I hope.........

It was...

On the way back from Utah I ran out of gas in my service van out near Ozona Texas (I know, I'm a dumb ass) it was about two miles to town..... I was lucky tho' the towns are about 100 miles apart in this part of Texas.
I locked it up and set off walking with my Jack Russell (I take her with me every where I can when I'm on the road if accomodations allow) and was picked up after about a quarter mile and given a ride to town....Had to drag my dog out of thier truck as she had climbed in the drivers lap and didn't want to leave...Traitor!!!!............Got gas and set off walking back to the van and was picked up a second time after about 100 yards by some oil field worker..
We were talking and I asked him about the computer thingie he had in his truck, one of those things like the cop cars have to hold a lap top, where he was able to buy it and if it was very much...he gave me a general answer and that was the end of it, him dropping me at my van and heading on his way.......

20 minutes later I'm in town filling up at the gas store and he pulls up and GIVES me one that came out of his last service truck........I offered to pay for it and he wasn't having any......I checked later and they are about $300 new....

Pretty damn cool I thought:eusa_dance:

Awesome! Tell your wife I REALLY appreciate the grab bar. Tell her I TRIED to pay you! Let me know if you want $.

You should have the best Karma in the world. I wish that for you. I'm rebuilding the rear fender you sent. I'll do some pictures of it done and all the way to that... It's going on the 89. The other things were very cool. You left me with no return address or you'd have atleast got shipping back.. I'll be looking for you to need something someday and I'll repay it forward to you....

BUY LOTTERY TICKETS......... and Win....
Dave

Back