KZ-900 on the way.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No front end, no engine in the frame, then should be fairly easy for two people to move it. Maybe even leave off the rear wheel too. All bodywork installed upstairs.

Steve, how you gonna get her back upstairs once the restoraion is done?

I know 2 Vmaxers right in Ma that could play catch with this bike if they wanted to. I'm having a cookout next spring Mark and Garrett.

Three of us old guys brought the whole bike down into Ricks celler when he first bought it.
I started on the forks and head bearings tonight. I love a puzzle. Any Kawasaki guys that can advise please pm me.
Steve

No front end, no engine in the frame, then should be fairly easy for two people to move it. Maybe even leave off the rear wheel too. All bodywork installed upstairs.[t/QUOTE

Sounds like a plan. It's not as heavey as a Max, but close. My son's a monster and will be over to help me put the engine in the frame this week.

I know 2 Vmaxers right in Ma that could play catch with this bike if they wanted to. I'm having a cookout next spring Mark and Garrett.

Three of us old guys brought the whole bike down into Ricks celler when he first bought it.
I started on the forks and head bearings tonight. I love a puzzle. Any Kawasaki guys that can advise please pm me.
Steve

Let me know if you end up needing a supervisor...I can hold a beer pretty good all the while saying...."easy...easy...more to the left" <slurp>....:biglaugh:

Steve

Anytime brother. Just tell me when :punk:

On with the puzzle. I didn't see this bike for more than a few minutes together. So, it's a challenge. But the internet is a great tool. Plus Rick took some picks and kept notes,which I have. I got all my parts together and figured out what's missing and what needs replacing. Yesterday I pc'd the mounts and found all the hardware and cleaned it up. Today I installed the motor. The pile of parts is getting smaller. The forks are ready to asemble and install. The wing arm, I have brand new bushings, so I'll wait on a swingarm upgrade.
Steve-o

On with the puzzle. I didn't see this bike for more than a few minutes together. So, it's a challenge. But the internet is a great tool. Plus Rick took some picks and kept notes,which I have. I got all my parts together and figured out what's missing and what needs replacing. Yesterday I pc'd the mounts and found all the hardware and cleaned it up. Today I installed the motor. The pile of parts is getting smaller. The forks are ready to asemble and install. The wing arm, I have brand new bushings, so I'll wait on a swingarm upgrade.
Steve-o

:pics:

Not much to see yet, I did polish some stuff and pc the mounts. It won't be a show piece, but no dirty or rusty parts either. Reconn'd the front wheel today. Bead blasted the hub,removed bearings and spokes. Polished the outside, wire wheeled the inside,bead blasted spoke pockets, treated former rust areas with zinc phosphate. Lots of work and fun. I love doing this. Her'e's a couple of pics with the engine installed.
Steve-o

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 24
It's a roller as of just now. Lots done,but much left to do.
Steve-o

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 22
Yep, a clean-lookin' stocker is always eye-catching, good job on this!

That looks awesome Steve O...You're buddy would be proud you're finishing up his scoot for him.

Latest posts

Back