Last day open Cordova Out with a bang

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhoke

Reaction score
Hello all,

Well I happen to get the bike out one time this year and it was perfect weather to boot. Well anyhow I will post time slips and last video. Bike has changed some since last post

-Stock heads no porting- due to valve guide breaking.
-Barnett Spring Conversion- WOW very nice an even
-COO air shifter needs an adjustable air kill switch, bad, slow shifting. But so much better than manual shifting.
-Harlan Shift light- dont work all the time help would be appreciated, so didnt use.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCKXQ5GzFUc

Attachments

• vmf nov 09.jpg
    vmf nov 09.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 45
Nice run!!!!!!:clapping:

My father and I went to Cordova years ago.......NHRA World Series of Drag Racing.....

I'll never forget it:punk:

Thanks for giving me a call... Great MPH numbers!!!!! If you get your 60' times down, you will be smokin!!!! Let's try and meet at Cordova next year... I'll let you run the turbo bike.

Jeff i am sorry I thought about you asap tho if that helps, no my bro called me at 9am yesterday and said he wanted to take his car out and well if im out there might as well race. I know excuses excuses, but that is a def about next year.
as for the 60ft times i started preloadin the clutch but it wants to come up on me bad still i had the hydraulic clutch trying to design one mentally. I need a strap bad too. again me and last second timing.

Turbo, no it is one of the kills that is included in the COO kit. I talk to a guy with his GSXR 1000 runin 9.0's that has the mps adjustable one that he says work awesome an his kill is approx. 1/50th a millisecond. I no it varies with the bike though too just want to be able to play with the kill cause it seems to me like a manual shift speed Im just not using my foot anymore. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks Everyone, Roy

Roy,

That's a Pingle/MRE kill and it's probably the best kill for your max. I suggest you keep the air line to the kill to about 6"... if your not there right now. For the kill time disassemble the kill and you'll find a small disc with a hole drilled in it. The hole is what meter's your kill time... bigger the hole the faster the kill. You can save a bunch of money by simply drilling the hole to a larger dia. If you can get your hands on some number drills you can do it in small steps. No more than .005 at a time... you should be able to put it right where you want. MPS kills work great on inlines but not on the VMAX.

Chris,

Yes it has and it has been both fun and very painful but, mostly fun. I was just looking back thru the beginning pictures and how far I have come. I am trying to get on together from the start to now so many pictures. Here is a link to the first album I posted on here back when i finally pulled it out of the basement after sitting for 20yrs WOW my dad still has a hard time believing I did it.

http://www.vmaxforum.net/album.php?albumid=18

Well hoping to get back to where he was back it 86-88 with it 10.29 @ 129 I do have some of his old time slips but none to prove that one. I will post them in my new posting

Roy

Back