Lean situation ??????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good stuff! Sean's kit is a really easy install and works very well, better than the standard Stage 7 IMHO. Have installed quite a few around Ontario over the past couple of years and they all worked quite nicely out of the box. PM me to hook up some time for a ride! There are 6 or 7 of us quite close to you.

Okay I am waving the white flag
I have tried everything to solve this problem
The intial problem , back in the spring, was driving home from work I had no power off the line in first gear and the only way to run was a little choke and at 4k rpm it will just cough and sputter and never get past that
When I got home I realized I had fuel in my oil , so I took out the carbs and checked for a sticky float and cleaned the carbs , reassembled with correct float levels, new fuel filter and still same problem
Then I posted here and everyone had some great ideas , shotgun , stage 7 jet kit from Sean , I have put every conceivable main jet and needle configuration in the carbs and still same problem
Idles great , carbs are synched perfect , no air leaks , rubber boots are mint . all parts are OEM
Still put it in gear and it bogs down so bad it stalls without a little choke and still will never get past 4k and gas getting into the oil ( not alot but enough for 5 minutes of testing the bike)
the Plugs are a nice light tan color except for #1 cylinder looks a little darker ( front left side cylinder ) , so that led me to think the plug wires were bad and I bought bulk wire from Yamaha and installed new plugs as well and still same problem .
A little history about the bike is the motor had a complete rebuild done by one of the best Yamaha mechanics around ( right now he is unavailable to help me, he is running a Canadian Superbike race team )
The problem is still the same as the original issue I had way back when in the spring
I am out of ideas ????? and patience
Ignition timing ????? could it be out
You guys have been great but I am really stumped now

Derek

Latest posts

Back