LED H4 headlight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frank5079

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just installed this headlight on my bike....

DKLEDBulb2.jpg

haven't road tested it yet, but even with low beam on, it sure is bright!!! I will post pics soon....

http://dkcustomproducts.com/Premium...ight-Bulb-H4-Fits-All-Harley-DK-H4-HL-LED.htm

I just came back from a very brief ride tonight; the headlight is very, very, bright....almost too blindingly bright, and that's just low beam. I definitely have to adjust the angle downwards to keep from blinding oncoming drivers!!!

Does it penetrate the night? That sounds suss but really is it any better than a halogen in that regard? The LED's normally appear brighter but don't do much in the way of lighting up the road.

Does it penetrate the night? That sounds suss but really is it any better than a halogen in that regard? The LED's normally appear brighter but don't do much in the way of lighting up the road.

I'm getting ready to reinstall my HID setup which requires me to hide quite a bit of hardware and is a bit of a pain. I wonder how the projection quality of the LED compares to the HID? The install seems quite a bit easier. I like that.

It is really bright and lights up the road very well. I'll try and post some before and after pics for comparison tonight after work...

Here are comparison pics from the website...

HighBeam1A.jpg

It looks like a light pattern which gives you a 'magic carpet ride ' of white light both far and wide. I saw that advertised at Bike Week, but I don't ride much at night, so I haven't bothered to upgrade. Looks good though.

It defiantly is a brighter light but it looks more defused than the others. The others have a penetrating beam. I would like that brightness to throw further out IMHO.. It does look good though.
An oncoming car might think its a UFO.. LOL

Needs a different style of a reflector, first off i think a clear housing with a faceted reflector, or a parabolic beam projector, the latter possibly the best for a uniform light.

You know,
Since it's only the bulb that being replaced here, the stock reflector should be able to focus that light into a beam.. I'd bet the bulb needs to be recessed in the housing a bit, or made adjustable, like a Maglight flashlight.

I don't have pics but we do sell a 90/130 watt light setup. Almost double the output of the stock setup.

I don't have pics but we do sell a 90/130 watt light setup. Almost double the output of the stock setup.

Just a globe or some other added electrickity? I've got the eastern beaver relay kit wired in and the standard headlight is pretty good......can the 90/130w set up work with that?

I would think so, This is just the high output H4 bulb and a ceramic socket (the hardest part to install which isn't all that hard).

Sean

I have Seans 90/130......and I like it very much. We changed it out in the parking lot at night. It took MAYBE 20 mins.

It puts out the heat for sure and if you have the socket that means you just need the bulb. $23 shipped.

Back