led turn signals

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidwin

Reaction score
which one do you all recommend? i'm trying to modernize my 01 a bit. i'm liking how it is looking so far. i already replaced the flasher relay. i guess i'll have to put a resistor in there. pics would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
sid

If you already change your flasher relay (hope you use a heavy duty)
you can search for resistance or go simple with two 194 lamp who looks like this

http://www.bulbtown.com/194_MINIATURE_BULB_GLASS_WEDGE_BASE_p/194.htm
found in any auto parts

one for right and one for left, connect in paralell with your flasher light, (blink ??? language barrier :biglaugh:)
and hide it wiht swrink tube and tape near by the front head light opening
mine are that way since 6 years now

hope it help:ummm:

In an other subject
I did another way front front LED who has only one intensity v/s the law that say you must have drivin and and flasher at the front end.
(only if you need, so, i`ve got cheap`n`easy way to do it)

Last edited:
I just bought ufo's turn signals made of aluminum very nice matches every thing well worth the money not junk plastic

I talked to Sean. I wanted to see what u guys thought and perhaps pics if possible.

Here are a pictures of my aluminum turn signals (smoked lenses) that I had P/C'd gloss black. These are the same units that Sean and other offer.

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 62
  • Brakes in daylight.jpg
    Brakes in daylight.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 63
Oberon makes the best led signals. Small and really bright. But they're not cheap!

Dale #2592

There are some smb led turn signals out of there now which are much brighter than before.
If you want good LED signals dont go for the cheap ones.
I ended up getting some made for ducati bikes from ebay since I wanted a more modern look and they are really super bright.
Oberon does great same as few others like rizoma too.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Here are a pictures of my aluminum turn signals (smoked lenses) that I had P/C'd gloss black. These are the same units that Sean and other offer.

who's windshield is that? can i add it to my stock one? i wouldn't mind a little more coverage.

They look awesome. A pair of those would look killer. So how many resistors do I need?

Thanks - Sid
You use one resistor per turn signal. They come with the turnsignals, at least from PJ's Parts, plus they are a great retailer! If you ever have any issues just contact PJ and he will make it right.

You use one resistor per turn signal. They come with the turnsignals, at least from PJ's Parts, plus they are a great retailer! If you ever have any issues just contact PJ and he will make it right.

Thanks I got two sets coming.

Cool, you will find they are a quality pieces and will serve you well. Shoot some pics and tell us what you think once you have them installed.

fyi i didn't know a set only consisted of one. i put them on the back because i didn't want to lose the front's ability to had dual action.

I am going to use the Zero 11's for the front as soon as I figure out a running light setup that I like.
I am currently running the aluminum incandescent bulbs.

Back