Less than confidence inspiring

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
Went to the stealer yesterday to order clutch plates ( only $8.80 ea. so I chose not to mail order)

Sat on the B-king again and started talking to the 3 salesmen (it's a Suzuki-Yamaha place) about the B-king and that I might consider the B-King if Yamaha fails to produce the new prototype Vmax........

They all looked at me like I was crazy, and refused to believe me that Yamaha had been floating a prototype around for the last few years......Said the Max was simply "out of production"

Last time this happened it was the Manager and I figured he was just a little above the fray and out of touch, but fuck, these guys are SUPPOSED to know:bang head:

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

:gun shoot:
:flamethrower:
:th_biggun:
:BoomSmilie_anim: Yamaha

Dealers are fucking morons!

They SHOULD send their sales people to the M/C show's and they don't so of course they have NO idea what's new and what's not!

Morons all of them.

Chris

Dealers are fucking morons!

They SHOULD send their sales people to the M/C show's and they don't so of course they have NO idea what's new and what's not!

Morons all of them.

Chris

I second that!!!!! Most of them wouldn't be able to get laid in a whorehouse with a fist full of cash. My local dealer has been trying for 2 years to get me to give them a $500 deposit on a new Max when it comes out. Told them to show me one on the floor and then we can talk down payment, anything else is just a pipe dream.

No one at my closest Yamaha dealer had ever heard of Deal's Gap or the "Tail of the Dragon". I mentioned it and the counter person didn't know what I was talking about. I had him ask everyone else in the shop including the manager and not one ever heard of it! I've learned to not expect any info from the dealers anymore. And they wonder why I won't bring my bikes in for service!!!

The last time I was at the local dealership and asked them they laughed about the fact it would come out. They were well aware of it, and spouted off some numbers that I put up in another thread on here.

The gist of the conversation was don't hold your breath.

No one at my closest Yamaha dealer had ever heard of Deal's Gap or the "Tail of the Dragon". I mentioned it and the counter person didn't know what I was talking about. I had him ask everyone else in the shop including the manager and not one ever heard of it! I've learned to not expect any info from the dealers anymore. And they wonder why I won't bring my bikes in for service!!!

Yeah right?

Morons! I swear they don't ride!:bang head:

I was just looking at an FJR 13000.F-N Nice!I'm also looking into an 08 ninja 250 for my wife.They're way nicer this year.

you expect the dealer to know about an new vmax yeah right.

Do they even know there is a old vmax? motorcycle that is.

I have been to dealers around here and some, parts guys, didnt even know there was a vmax motorcycle. and no dealer has any experience working on them.

Last edited:
you expect the dealer to know about an new vmax yeah right.

Do they even know there is a old vmax? motorcycle that is.

I have been to dealers around here and some, parts guys, didnt even know there was a vmax motorcycle. and no dealer has any experience working on them.

True story, I went to the dealer on Wednesday, go to the parts counter, a parts guy asks, what are you looking for, I tell him, a circlip, his reply, for what, I reply, a vmax, his reply, snowmobile?, I reply, no motorcycle, his reply, they make a vmax motorcycle?, next reply, what size, 1100? I reply, no 1200, his reply, when did they make a vmax motorcycle? I reply, for the last 23 years, his reply, oh!

Can you believe it!

Mike

I was just looking at an FJR 13000.F-N Nice!

13,000 cc's ??????? :rofl_200: God Damn! :surprise: I didn't know Yamaha was coming out with that! That's gotta be like 2 times faster than the new Max.:rocket bike:

The last time I was at the local Yamaha dealer, I ask for a part on my 2003 V-Max. The guy looked at me blankly and asked, "Who makes that?". The guy was wearing a Yamaha pit shirt. Bastards!

Can you believe it!

Mike

Sure can! Hell how old was the kid? 17? :bang head:

I walked into a dealer a couple years ago with my brother to look at getting an exhaust for his SV650S and we started talking to Brian who grabbed us a book to look at. I then asked for another one which he rolled his eyes over and huffed off. I asked him if we were bothering him and his answer.... YES! Told him to pound salt and left! Bro bought the system from from pipe city and is VERY happy!

Stupid fuckers all of them!:damn angry:

I was just looking at an FJR 13000.F-N Nice!I'm also looking into an 08 ninja 250 for my wife.They're way nicer this year.

A few weeks ago In Bandera I had a chance to ride the FJR1300, the Concours 1400, and a ZX1400.

While the ZX1400 is what it is, (unbelieveably fucking fast!)
I've been having wet dreams about an FJ1300 for several years. The one I rode was a deep purpple plum looking one.

I still think the FJ1300 is the best looking sport touring there is, especially without the sidebags because it doesn't look like somethings missing, but after riding the Concours 1400 I think the Kawasaki is a much better bike than the Yamaha. not to say that the Yamaha is a slouch, but the Kawasaki is just so much faster and even more sport oriented than the Yamaha.

i can't afford either one right now but if I had to decide I'd be torn between the Kaw's "cpmpetence" and performance and the Yamaha's sheer beauty.

Rusty

True story, I went to the dealer on Wednesday, go to the parts counter, a parts guy asks, what are you looking for, I tell him, a circlip, his reply, for what, I reply, a vmax, his reply, snowmobile?, I reply, no motorcycle, his reply, they make a vmax motorcycle?, next reply, what size, 1100? I reply, no 1200, his reply, when did they make a vmax motorcycle? I reply, for the last 23 years, his reply, oh!

Can you believe it!

Mike

That is the exact conversation I have had, and more than once.

ZX14R is where it's at!!!

Now add nearly zero maintenance and flawlessly smooth shaft drive, variable valve timing and a more up right riding posture as well as keyless, ignition and alarm. Walk away and it sets, get up to it and it unsets.
Not new technology but the first for a bike. Radial brakes... My friend sold his SV1000S and bought the C14 and hasn't looked back. He test rode the FJ but the C14 offered so much more for about the same $$$

It's bad ass!

And let me point out that this thread is about dealer experiences and their lack of knowledge...:whistlin:

lol

Now add nearly zero maintenance and flawlessly smooth shaft drive, variable valve timing and a more up right riding posture as well as keyless, ignition and alarm. Walk away and it sets, get up to it and it unsets.
Not new technology but the first for a bike. Radial brakes... My friend sold his SV1000S and bought the C14 and hasn't looked back. He test rode the FJ but the C14 offered so much more for about the same $$$

It's bad ass!

And let me point out that this thread is about dealer experiences and their lack of knowledge...:whistlin:

lol

:hmmm: Fishing around for the Pirate head award are you... :biglaugh:

Back