Let's talk about idle mixture and its affect through the range...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
Most carbs I have worked on seem to have well-defined circuits. The carb circuits on the Max seem to have way more overlap... For example, the idle mixture settings seem to produce a very noticeable effect on performance outside of idle. The question is why?

If I turn the screws out to 3.5 turns and try to get the bike into VBoost, it sputters and won't boost. I can only assume that these carbs draw fuel from more than just the main jet passageways above mid throttle?

Are you creeping into Vboost or WOT?

At mid throttle pilot mixture still has a small effect up to 5000 rpms or so. When vacuum drops below a certain point the pilot circuit is shut off. When the throttle valves are at idle position or 1/8 throttle then there's high vacuum and mixture is pulled from mixture screw hole that's below the throttle valve.

All I know is that on my setup, if I have the mix screws out too far, I can't get the bike past 50% throttle...... weird but reproduceable problem...

Latest posts

Back