Drilled out stock Exhaust carb issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey All..... I was the originator of this chat - and have good news to report.

As I had mentioned, post my 2005 purchase, I had tried the shotgun and peashooter initially and neither of them seemed to have an effect on what I believed was 1 maybe 2 idle circuits not functioning. Causing sputter/coughing in the 3500-5k range (unless I pulled the choke) - and no airscrew affect on 2 cylinders.

Well - after about 300+ miles and tanks of gas with Seafoam - I tried the shotgun again (and removed the needle shims while in there) - I think I have it running! No more sputter or choke required, and get noticeable affect with each air screw.

With the carbs sunk (I bought the Carbtune) and about 2.75 turns out on the screws - it seems to run damn good! And at idle I get that 'cammed' sound I've read about, and also fast throttle response off idle! Loving it!

One thing I still notice a little - very little (and is probably due to my stock mufflers have the plates removed the 5 holes drilled to 1/2 inch - quite noisy) - when I let off the throttle fast, I do get a little popping. Is this my screws still out a bit too far - i.e. too much gas still in the intake? I have tried turning them in a bti - doesn't seem to affect. I will ride a bit and check my plugs.

Or is it due to the mufflers and the back pressure (or lack of?)

Thanks to all who have commented here to help me get this thing running!

CONGRATS!!!!

I wouldnt worry about the slight popping on deceleration.

Latest posts

Back